This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 4

Oswald, Lee Harvey, 1939–63, presumed assassin of John F. Kennedy, b. New Orleans. Oswald spent most of his boyhood in Fort Worth, Tex. Later, he attended a Dallas high school, and enlisted (1956) in the Marines and served until 1959. A Marxist, he went to the Soviet Union in 1959 declaring his intention to renounce his American citizenship. In 1962 he returned to the United States, bringing his Russian wife and young daughter. In succeeding months, Oswald moved around the country, finally coming back to Dallas, where, in Oct., 1963, he obtained a job at the Texas State School Book Depository. From that building apparently shots were fired that took President Kennedy's life on Nov. 22, 1963. Oswald fled the scene. Later that afternoon, a policeman trying to accost him was shot and killed. Oswald was later arrested and charged with both murders. On Nov. 24, while in police hands, Oswald was murdered by a nightclub proprietor, Jack Ruby. In 1964 the Warren Commission held Oswald to be the sole assassin.

Comment

Harvey Perlman, J.D., Chancellor

Harvey Perlman was named the 19th Chancellor of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on April 1, 2001. He had served as Interim Chancellor of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln since July 16, 2000.

A former dean of the University of Nebraska College of Law (1983-1998), Perlman has also served as interim senior vice chancellor for academic affairs at UNL (1995-96). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ion/2006-03-11

“They offered us Tommy Lee , they didn't offer us Snow White. ... Tommy Lee Goes to College.”
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Harvey Keitel
        Famous Jewish Actor from Poland. Reservoir Dogs,Thelma and Louise, The Piano....
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Harvey, the invisible giant white rabbit from the film of the same name. Dear and trusted best friend of Elwood P. Dowd.

Comment

HARVEY FUQUA - lead singer of the Moonglows (top hits were "Sincerely" and "Ten Commandments of Love")

Comment

Harvey Wallbanger, aka "Harvey the Wallbanger":

According to legend, Harvey was a Californian surfer. After losing an important contest, he consoled himself in Duke's Blackwatch bar with one of his 'special' screwdriver cocktails, (a screwdriver with a dash of Galliano liqueur). After several drinks, he tried to leave the bar, but unfortunately kept bumping into the furniture and walls. Harvey 'the Wallbanger' became his nickname and the famous drink was named.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Wallbanger

Comment

John Harvey started as a wine merchant in Bristol, England in 1796. The business grew successfully and became the family business called John Harvey & Sons and developed the world’s first cream sherry now known as Harvey's Bristol Cream.

Comment

Harvey Fierstein:

Harvey Forbes Fierstein (born June 6, 1954 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American actor, author, and singer. He currently resides in the small, affluent town of Ridgefield, Connecticut. He is best known for his semi-autobiographical play and film Torch Song Trilogy, which he wrote (play and screenplay) and in which he starred. He won the 1983 Tony for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play and Best Play for Torch Song Trilogy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Fierstein

Comment

So very stuck on "Harvey"---tossing one in to try to help us move on :

Harvey Wang, photographer and documentary maker (interesting site):

http://www.harveywang.com/

Comment

Vera Wang, wedding gown designer
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
                        Vera Wang, wedding gown designer
                        Sorry Mike, Chapter 3 #500.

Auntie Lynn
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; August 22, 2006, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Garrett Wang, Ensign Harry Kim on "Star Trek: Voyager."

Comment

Viola player Kim Kashkashian
                            Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 22, 2006, 01:19 PM. Reason: a big s-hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                              Viola player Kim Kashkahian
                              Yeah, right!

Elizabeth Garrett Anderson - English Physician and Mayor, sister of Millicent Fawcett, 1st woman mayor in England (Aldeburgh) 1836-1917
                              “My mother speaks of my step being a source of life-long pain to her, that it is a living death, etc. By the same post I had several letters from anxious relatives, telling me that it was my duty to come home and thus ease my mother's anxiety.”

Comment

Honerable Garrett Olney - Past Quincy Attorney now Superior Court Judge for Quincy, CA.
                                Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Working...
                                X