• Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 4

Buster Olney - ESPN.com columnist
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Buster Smith was a fixture in Kansas City for the bulk of his most significant years. He was with Walter Page's Blue Devils from 1925-1933 (the band only made two recordings) and Bennie Moten's orchestra during its last period (1933-1935), and co-led the Barons of Rhythm with Count Basie. Unfortunately, he chose not to accompany Basie to New York. When Smith finally went East, he contributed arrangements to several orchestras (including those led by Gene Krupa, Count Basie, and Benny Carter) and had short stints with Don Redman, Hot Lips Page, Eddie Durham, and Snub Mosley. Buster Smith returned first to Kansas City and then finally to Texas for the remainder of his life. He recorded one very obscure (and long out-of-print) Atlantic album in 1959. ~ Scott Yanow, All Music Guide. http://www.answers.com/topic/henry-john-stephen-smith
      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 22, 2006, 01:13 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        Yeah, right!
        Wot, NT? You no believe me?

Google her; you'll find Kim Kashkashian is one of the top violists in the world, with recordings on Sony Classical, ECM & Deutsche Grammophon. Look her up at AllMusic.com.

I call "no fair" on YOU this time, my dearest NT - no can change direction mid-game, just cause you don't like a name...you shoulda carried on with "Kim" then. (Hey - if you can police others for their "violations"...)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          Wot, NT? You no believe me?

Google her; you'll find Kim Kashkashian is one of the top violists in the world, with recordings on Sony Classical, ECM & Deutsche Grammophon. Look her up at AllMusic.com.

I call "no fair" on YOU this time, my dearest NT - no can change direction mid-game, just cause you don't like a name...you shoulda carried on with "Kim" then. (Hey - if you can police others for their "violations"...)
          My Dear Leo Lakio,

WindwardOahuRN put as her answer - Garrett Wang, not Ensign Harry Kim on "Star Trek: Voyager."

I love you

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
            Garrett Wang, Ensign Harry Kim on "Star Trek: Voyager."
            I think it was fair to use the "Kim" name that was given here, my sweet, sweet NT Pupule. (Just givin' you a hard time, so you know that I gonna treat you exactly the same alla time - medical headaches or no! My anarchistic side LOVES messin' with the rules, you know. )

OK, so I make up for that with a legit one: actor Buster Crabbe.

Comment

Buster Poindexter, aka David Johansen (who did not play Ensign Harry Kim on Star Trek... ):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Johansen

Comment

John Poindexter, Vice-Admiral, National Security Advisor for President Reagan.

Comment

Poindexter, the "loser" date in the old "Barbie" board game.

He's probably very successful now, with a full head of hair, all his own teeth, and a stunningly trim physique.

And just where are Bob and Tom?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1960-BAR...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I'm confused.

I'm taking a break.

Auntie Lynn

Btw: Bro Kimo55 just left my Hale. He gave me a Printer. We talked story and laughed too much.
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; August 22, 2006, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      I'm confused.

I'm taking a break.

Auntie Lynn
                      So where do we go from here? I was enjoying a much needed break from miserable stuff....
                      Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; August 22, 2006, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        John Poindexter, Vice-Admiral, National Security Advisor for President Reagan.
                        Continuing.
                        John Young (c.1742–1835) was a British Royal Advisor to Kamehameha I in the Kingdom of Hawaii. He was accidentally left behind by a British ship and became a friend and advisor to Kamehameha. He brought western military knowledge to Hawaii and played a big role during Hawaii's first contacts with the Europeans powers. He spent the rest of his life in Hawai`i. Between 1802-1812, John Young ruled as Governor of the Island of Hawaii while King Kamehameha was away on other islands. According to his tombstone at Mauna `Ala, (the Hawaiian Royal Masoleum) he was born in Lancashire, England, and died in Honolulu on December 17, 1835, at the age of 93 after living in Hawai`i for 46 years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Young_%28Hawaii%29

Comment

Okay. Thank you for the lightning-quick response, Lynn.

Olivia Newton-John, pop singer and breast cancer survivor.

Comment

Btw: Bro Kimo55 just left my Hale. He gave me a Printer.
                            is it ticking....

Did he set the self implode button? And was his bite marks still showing?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              is it ticking....

Did he set the self implode button? And was his bite marks still showing?
                              Shut-up Manoa! Third and final warning before I ask ADMIN to step in.

John Craven is the former Chief Scientist of the US Navy's Special Projects Office. He has detailed the unclassified parts of his career in The Silent War (ISBN 0-684-87213-7) published by Touchstone in 2002.

Dr. John P. Craven Ph.D. 1951 in Mechanics and Hydraulics

Dr. John P. Craven has had more than 40 years of experience in the innovation, development, design, construction and operational deployment of major oceanic systems. As a child he pursued ocean technology in the Brooklyn Technical High School and acquired a familiarity with the ocean on the beaches of Long Island and on the waterfront of New York City. During World War II he served as helmsman on the Battleship New Mexico operating in waters of the Western and South Pacific and earned two battle stars.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Craven_PhD%2C_JD
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; August 22, 2006, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Wes Craven - an American film director and writer best known as the creator of many horror films, including the Nightmare on Elm Street series
                                Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Working...
                                X