X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 4

ok - I finally had to resort to Google!

Stanislav Petrov - in charge of soviet missle response in 1983. He was informed that US had launched missiles but he decided they were false alarms & thus saved the world from nuclear disaster.

(got this info from his wikipedia entry)
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Stanislav Medvedenko, forward, formerly with the Los Angeles Lakers.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Andrea Stanislav - Artist. She was born in Chicago in 1968. She has exhibited her multi-media installations and sculptures internationally since 1990.

(hey, this gives us a chance to get away from the Russians & try to beat our 24 page record!)
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
          ok - this may end the game. Nikolai Krushchev - former head of the USSR
          Do you mean:

Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchyov (surname commonly romanized as Khrushchev) April 17, 1894–September 11, 1971. The leader of the Soviet Union after the death of Joseph Stalin. He was First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1964 and Chairman of the Council of Ministers from 1958 to 1964. He was removed from power by his party colleagues in 1964 and replaced by Leonid Brezhnev. He spent the last seven years of his life under house arrest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Khrushchev

Comment

[QUOTE=anapuni808]Andrea Stanislav - Artist. [QUOTE]

Andrea Pia Yates of Houston, Texas, United States, killed her five small children by drowning them in the bathtub of their family home. On July 26, 2006, Yates was found by a Texas jury to be not guilty by reason of insanity.

Comment

Tyler Yates, Atlanta Braves SP, grad of UH Hilo and Kauai HS
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Yes - that is who I meant. So sorry to screw up the game

Originally posted by SouthKona
                Do you mean:

Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchyov (surname commonly romanized as Khrushchev) April 17, 1894–September 11, 1971. The leader of the Soviet Union after the death of Joseph Stalin. He was First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1964 and Chairman of the Council of Ministers from 1958 to 1964. He was removed from power by his party colleagues in 1964 and replaced by Leonid Brezhnev. He spent the last seven years of his life under house arrest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Khrushchev
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
                  Tyler Yates, Atlanta Braves SP, grad of UH Hilo and Kauai HS
                  U.S. President John Tyler, recognized the Kingdom of Hawaii in 1842 by invoking the Monroe Doctrine to discourage intervention by European powers; agreed to Hawaiian independence.

[History footnote: November 28, 1843 - The Kingdom of Hawaii is officially recognized by European nations as an independent nation. This date signifies Hawaiin Independence Day.
                  Ok,OK, this is the Name Game .... so back to the main subject]
                  Last edited by SouthKona; August 27, 2006, 01:02 AM. Reason: history notation

Comment

Tyler Florence, cook and Food tv star

Comment

Bonnie Tyler
                      Welsh Singer, b.1953
                      “Once upon a time I was falling in love but now I'm only falling apart. There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.”
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 27, 2006, 07:00 AM.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Steven Tyler of Aerosmith
                        ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Steve Bailey is a bassist famous for his pioneering work with the six string fretless bass and was voted runnerup for Bass Player Of The Year in 1994 and 1996. He began playing the Bass Guitar at age 12 and began playing fretless bass after he ran over his fretted bass with his car. Not only is Steve a tremendous electric bassist, but he also plays Double Bass; he started playing upright after hearing Chick Corea. Steve got full scholarships to both North Texas University and Miami University. He is currently an Artist in Residence at Coastal Carolina University and a teacher at University of North Carolina at Wilmington. He has done work as a studio musician, as well as numerous collaborations including several albums with fellow bassist Victor Wooten. Steve also likes to surf and play tennis.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bailey
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Bailey's Irish... oh wait.

Eion Bailey, actor
                            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0047248/

Comment

Phil Bailey - from the Commodores Oldies but goodies, babeeee...

Comment

Phil Donahue - the creator and star of The Phil Donahue Show, also known as Donahue, the first tabloid talk show.
                                Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Working...
                                X