This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 4

Alfred North Whitehead, OM (February 15, 1861 Ramsgate, Kent, England– December 30, 1947 Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA) was an English mathematician who became an American philosopher. He wrote on algebra, logic, foundations of mathematics, philosophy of science, physics, metaphysics, and education. With Bertrand Russell, he coauthored the epochal Principia Mathematica.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_North_Whitehead

“The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order.”
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oliver Laurence North - Lt. Col. USMC an instrumental part of the Iran Contra hearings.

Comment

Laurence Olivier, Sir
        English Actor, Producer and Film Director, 1907-1989
        He is an actor who many consider to be the greatest in the English-speaking world during the twentieth century. Though Sir Laurence Olivier was based mostly in England, he made a significant number of Hollywood films. He was nominated for Academy Awards as either an actor, producer or director twelve times, winning twice, while also being honored with two special Oscars. In his long and versatile career, Olivier appeared in more than 120 stage roles, nearly 60 films and more than 15 television productions.
        http://www.laurenceolivier.com/about/bio.html

“Living is strife and torment, disappointment and love and sacrifice, golden sunsets and black storms. I said that some time ago, and today I do not think I would add one word.”
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lawrence Welk - bandleader. "A one and a two..."

Comment

Laurence Fishburne - starred opposite of Keanu Reeves in "The Matrix"

Comment

STEVE LAWRENCE - singer

Comment

joseph "joey" lawrence, actor who gained notability as Blossom's brother. Whoa!
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Thomas Edward (T.E.) Lawrence - "Lawrence of Arabia"

Comment

Thomas Hardy - British novelist, short story writer, and poet of the naturalist movement, who delineated characters struggling against their passions and circumstances. The bulk of his work, set mainly in the semi-imaginary county of Wessex, is marked by poetic descriptions, and fatalism.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hardy

Comment

Thomas Edison

Comment

Thomas Paine, writer of "Common Sense"

flickr

Comment

Debi Thomas - American figure skater, the first African American to win a medal at the Winter Olympics. She won the bronze medal at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary in the year that Katarina Witt won the gold; both skated to the music of Bizet's Carmen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debi_Thomas

Comment

General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Comment

Jonathan Jackson - actor, was on ABC daytime soap opera "General Hospital" played "Lucky Spencer". Starred in several movies such as "Tuck Everlasting" and "Dirty Dancing : Havana Nights"

Comment

Freddie Jackson, R&B singer of "You Are My Lady"

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X