X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

Scriv;

Can you throw us an update???

If you chose not to, based on "jinxing" any close races, I can understand.

Jus' curious that's all.
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Your wish is my...whatever. Here's an update with time left in the late Sunday game. I'm calling it for Chicago already. The next update will be tomorrow night after the Monday game.

If you do check the results, please check to make sure that your score is accurate; as manoa proved last week, the officiator is fallible.

Note to susiemisajon: It looks like it might come down to you and me in the tie-break. We both picked Philadelphia to win, but you didn't predict a score (as is clearly explained in the two posts I asked you to look at). Please post a prediction for Monday night's score, so we can fairly determine a winner, if it comes down to it.
      Last edited by scrivener; October 1, 2006, 04:36 PM.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scriv the link doesn't take us to any updates....

and susie... I'm impressed... well not really being your methodology.

Comment

Are you sure? The link works fine for me.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thank You for the update Scriv.

Now, just a CLOSE game on Monday............

Comment

I had to update my browser... was stuck on week 3...working now...
              and congrats on your pick...

I hope the lady from france wins for some reason! I think she was betting on Soccer! Doh!

Its pretty sad the random picker got more than most of us!

Comment

Scriv;

You might want to take a look at your KC/SF result.

Comment

• Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                  Can you throw us an update???
                  What's an 'update'? Das not wen you tell me how I'm doin'? An Now I find out dat you want one score, too!

Maybe I should jess watch for a while, til I 'get' it?

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Note to susiemisajon: It looks like it might come down to you and me in the tie-break. We both picked Philadelphia to win, but you didn't predict a score (as is clearly explained in the two posts I asked you to look at). Please post a prediction for Monday night's score, so we can fairly determine a winner, if it comes down to it.
                  Score? forty two to fifty three...hike!
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                    Is this foa real? Between Scriv and Susie?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too Funny!

gO Susie!!!!!! I love ya Scriv but Suzie is a Woman in a Men's Sport Thread!

Jumps up and down waving poms poms!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I have got to get my act together. I ran a spellcheck on the whole thing and of course that didn't trip it. As nachodaddy points out, for the second week in a row there's a problem with the results as first posted. I typed "Kansas City" in my picks, and Excel didn't match that with "KansasCity," which is how it was typed in the "winner" column.

Sadly for those of you rooting for the newcomer to win it, this means that I've locked up the week, and Susie will cross the line in an admirable second place. Unless we find other errors!
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Sadly for those of you rooting for the newcomer to win it, this means that I've locked up the week, and Susie will cross the line in an admirable second place. Unless we find other errors!
                        You lose by default ~ you messed up. Give it to Suzie!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; October 1, 2006, 08:14 PM.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                          May I call it for you Scriv -

I think you got this weeks win in the bag already... just from my computations...
                          and we haven't even gotten to half time of the 2nd half yet...!
                          I called it during the morning recess...guess you never saw it.
                          very admirable

congrats scriv and susie for busting out your french pickem parrot!
                          Last edited by damontucker; October 1, 2006, 10:21 PM.

Comment

So, now I gotta pick a score for the next game?

64-32...hike!

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                              What's an 'update'? Das not wen you tell me how I'm doin'? An Now I find out dat you want one score, too!

Maybe I should jess watch for a while, til I 'get' it?

This was the score for the first game? Does that look about right? How close did I get?

Comment

Susie:
                                You're picking winners of football games. This week, there were 14 games scheduled. 13 of them were played Sunday. 1 will be played Monday. The Monday game is our weekly tie-breaker, which is why I ask participants to predict the score -- in the event of a tie between participants, whoever predicts most accurately the final score of the Monday game will be declared the winner.

So I have you down for 53-42 Philadelphia for Monday's game. You don't have to predict another score.

In this case, however, it doesn't matter, because there won't be a tie. At first it seemed you and I were tied going into Monday's game, but there was a typo on my predictions and I wasn't given credit for a correct pick. I've fixed the typo, and as you can see by checking out the spreadsheet, you correctly picked 9 winners while I picked 10. Since we both picked Philadelphia to win Monday, we can no longer finish in a tie.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or if any part of what I just explained is unclear. Thanks for playing! You did very well for a first-timer!
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X