HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

With that interception by the colts... it makes for an interesting MNF game.

The way I see it...

If the Hawks win... it will come down between Palama and Marco in a Tie-Breaker
    If The Raiders win... It comes down to Nachodady and OceanPacific!

Interesting week!

I might be wrong with my calculations though...

Go Hawks!

Comment

Wow. Crazy week.

If Oakland wins tomorrow, it will come down to a tie-break between OceanPacific and nachodaddy (marco and PalamaKid will also have 8 but will have chosen the wrong team in the tie-break). A margin of victory of 4 or fewer and oceanpacific wins. A margin of victory of 6 or more and nachodaddy wins. A margin of victory of exactly 5 means everything depends on Oakland's final score. If Oakland scores 22 or fewer, oceanpacific wins. If oakland scores 23 or more, nachodaddy wins. Whew!

If Seattle wins tomorrow, it will be between PalamaKid and marco in the tie-break. A margin of victory of 15 or fewer will give marco the win; 16 or more gives it to PalamaKid.

Crazy week. Interim update later tonight.
      Last edited by scrivener; November 5, 2006, 05:55 PM. Reason: "we should be nicer to our feet..."
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Wow. Crazy week.

If Oakland wins tomorrow, it will come down to a tie-break between PalamaKid, OceanPacific and nachodaddy (marco will also have 8 but will have chosen the wrong team in the tie-break).

If Seattle wins tomorrow, it will be between PalamaKid and marco in the tie-break.

Crazy week. Interim update later tonight.
        Palamakid chose the Hawks to win...therefore he couldn't win the tiebreaker if Oakland has to win the game... by your criteria...

All would be 8-6 However, Palamakid would've have lost the Monday Game...so that rules him out...doesn't it?

Comment

Yes. Please wait a few minutes after I post something like that before you respond. Unlike some others, I proofread what I post before I post it, and then I proofread it again after I post it. As you can see by the timestamp, my edit predates your post.

edit: Dang. I wish the "last edited" time showed when the "edit" button was clicked, not when the edit was actually submitted.
          Anyway, yeah. Hold on before you correct me, please. If I'm wrong, I want to know about it, but give me a chance to fix my errors first.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

My bad Scrivener....

I can guarantee one thing before Mondays Game... Scriv finished dead last this weekend no matter what the outcome of tomorrows game.

Comment

If Dallas would have beaten Washington on the freakish ending...

It would have been down to me and OP in a head to head straight up on MNF.

All in one play.... Blocked kick... a run back.... and then a face mask penalty to extend the game... with no time on the clock... a kick that could cost me in the long run!

Comment

OOOH, that Dallas game. That was "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."

I picked AGAINST the 'Boys last week ....... they WIN! Pick them this week, they LOSE! AAAARGGGG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  My bad Scrivener....
                  One case where a properly placed comma would make a world of difference (a difference I am certain would be appreciated by Scrivener.)

Comment

Hey if Michael Jackson can make "Bad" a "Good word"... can't I use it that way

Comment

It's not the "bad" that I'd take offense at; it's the "my!"
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

PALAMA you da freaking man... by one itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot

How you did it ... congrads my brother!

Comment

Okay! As has been made evident, the Raiders' beating at the hands of that team that will not be named by 16 points cemented PalamaKid's victory for Week 9! Marco loses the tie-break and takes second. Manoa, Mike_Lowery, and nfl4evah had 8 each.

Complete Week 9 Scores:
                          9 palama kid (winner by tie-break)
                          9 marco
                          8 manoa
                          8 mike lowery
                          8 nfl4evah
                          7 oceanpacific
                          7 nachodaddy
                          6 timkona
                          6 surfingfarmboy
                          6 random picks
                          5 scrivener

In the cumulative game, manoa gets the lead to himself, with scrivener and oceanpacific three back and TimKona six back.

82 manoa
                          79 scrivener
                          79 oceanpacific
                          76 timkona
                          75 nachodaddy
                          71 palama kid
                          65 surfingfarmboy
                          58 marco
                          45 pzarquon
                          42 nfl4evah
                          40 random picks
                          21 extrascoop
                          16 mike lowery
                          10 susie misajon
                          8 SilverSurfer73
                          6 blueyecicle
                          5 lavagal

As always, check out the complete, dirty details here.

Thanks for playing! Week 10 matchups, next post!
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

• Matchups: Week 10!

HT NFL Pick'em! Here are the matchups for Week 10! Please post your answers by 6:00 Sunday morning, November 12.

NYJets at NewEngland Patriots
                            Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles
                            Cleveland Browns at Atlanta Falcons
                            KansasCity Chiefs at Miami Dolphins
                            GreenBay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
                            SanFrancisco 49ers at Detroit Lions
                            Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts
                            Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee Titans
                            Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars
                            SanDiego Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals
                            Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders
                            Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
                            St.Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks
                            NewOrleans Saints at Pittsburgh Steelers
                            Chicago Bears at NYGiants

Monday Night Tie-Breaker! Pick Winner and Predict Score!
                            TampaBay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers

No more byes for the rest of the season!
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

As has been made evident, the Raiders' beating at the hands of that team that will not be named by 16 points cemented PalamaKid's victory for Week 9!
                              I told you that your picks were genius for how long now???

So what you did...steal PZ's picking parrot after he left the game?

Comment

Okay! As has been made evident, the Raiders' beating at the hands of that team that will not be named by 16 points cemented PalamaKid's victory for Week 9!
                                And to think, all last week, I was stuck in Las Vegas (wanted to know how Halloween is celebrated there - very disappointing) & didn't have access to all my technological sources.

Although wireless access at all the libraries did help, I missed sooo many games. How could I have missed da Bears losing at home to da "only-perfect" Fish???

And Ryan not supposed to tell about my using his parrot.
                                Last edited by Palama Kid; November 6, 2006, 07:17 PM. Reason: Follow-up to Post # 360
                                Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Working...
                                X