Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

Originally posted by scrivener
    I'll put a cumulative thing up there when I get it looking a little more pleasing to the eye.
    Not yet. Just go with what I posted for now.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Keeping my pics scriv -

I'm probably going to take a beating...but if you don't take risks... you never will get the wins...

Comment

the voting is closed........

Gentlemen, I wish you well.............
        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I don't know about everyone else...

But I just woke up and looked at the scores in the games....

I'm currently down in every single game I picked!

I'm gonna take a pounding this week....

Nacho... hope you have your signature planned for me

Comment

For those of you craving a mid-point update, after the early games, I'm in the lead with 8 of 8. TimKona and Manoa are next with 7. Details here, if you, like me, enjoy looking at all the picks and all the results.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

so nacho...

I'm thinking....heheheheheheh....

Will pm you with my choice of signatures

Doesn't look like you got a chance this week...

Comment

Good job Scriv......

For you Manoa, I still got a chance: Cleveland, Denver and Atlanta....

Comment

Down goes cleveland

Comment

OK Manoa;

You win. I am mathematically eliminated.

I can put the sig up early but that means it comes down early AKA in 7 days.

Your call when it goes up..........

Comment

I'm waiting for it

Comment

Relish in your glory....it will be short lived. We are on for next week, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                          Relish in your glory....it will be short lived. We are on for next week, correct?
                          agreed! next weeks a bit whacky too though
                          Originally posted by nachodaddy
                          You sure about that Cincy game? Three key injuries to Cincy and Pittsburgh being pissed off about being blanked on Monday night. Nah, Cowher would let that one slide fer sure........good call.
                          Um...Yeah... I was sure about that cincy game... Want to borrow my blindfold?

Hey Nacho...

Palama beat you and he picked all the visiting teams

Comment

About the Monday Night Tie-Breaker:

So far, both weeks' winners have been determined by the tie-break, so I thought I'd explain it.

If participants have tied scores after all games have been played including the Monday night game, the winner will be determined in this order.

The participant who picks the winning Monday night team wins if none of the other tied participants have also picked the winning team.

If more than one of the tied participants have picked Monday's winner, the participant who comes closest to predicting the margin of victory wins the tie-break.

If there is a tie in predicting the margin of victory, the participant who comes closest to predicting the total points scored wins the tie-break.

I am not sure, but I believe that in order for the game to remain tied at this point, the tied participants must have predicted the same winner and the same final score. Taking inspiration from the Honolulu Zoom game, I will take jan-ken-po (rock-paper-scissors) submissions from the tied participants until someone emerges victorious. If I happen to be one of them, a neutral third party will be agreed upon to referee the jan-ken-po.
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

If Palama's Denver pick holds onto this game...

His picks were pretty dam good for just choosing all away teams!

Like I said after you picked em.... I liked em.... I just didn't think they were good.... you sure showed us!
                              Originally posted by scrivener
                              For those of you craving a mid-point update, after the early games, I'm in the lead with 8 of 8. TimKona and Manoa are next with 7. Details here, if you, like me, enjoy looking at all the picks and all the results.
                              We gonna get a second half of the day update?

Your board is much easier to follow then in my own head.

Comment

Like Saturday's U.S. Senate race, this one's over before the final printout. With one game to play, I'm ahead of Palama Kid by 1 (11 to 10), but we both picked Atlanta to beat New Orleans, making tomorrow's game a formality. I'll wait until Monday night to make it official, but sometime this evening I'll post the updated spreadsheet.
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X