Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 2142 - Who plays this?

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    damn. i tried to join a game yesterday, but my bf2142 kept crashing. reinstalled and repatched too.
    i just bought a 8800... i wonder whats wrong....
    You gotta kill all the background apps that are running... go to the Task Manager (you can run- taskmgr.exe) or press CTRL-ALT-DEL.

When you stop the processes of the applications, take notice of the ones that are under the username (those are the most common). Upon playing, I kill about 20 or so apps, it's humbug, but no crashes at all. Plus the system runs smoother as you have more resources available.

Hope that helps.
    http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

yeah, im a computar tech...
      i reinstalled again into a different directory after shutting down extra programs, works now. played some last night. add me to xfire as hellbent64 or the same name in 2142.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

yeah, im a computar tech...
        i reinstalled again into a different directory after shutting down extra programs, works now. played some last night. add me to xfire as hellbent64 or the same name in 2142.
        I made an attempt to add "hellbent64" to the buddy list...but couldn't find ya'

bummer
        http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

hmmmm
          either its hellbent or i have to be online.
          i forgot your avatar name and saw 'koloheokolehole' join in on a server and that it might have been you =p (just because it sounded like someone from hawaii)
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

hmmmm
            either its hellbent or i have to be online.
            i forgot your avatar name and saw 'koloheokolehole' join in on a server and that it might have been you =p (just because it sounded like someone from hawaii)
            Howz about "Exhaulted_Ruler"????

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
              Howz about "Exhaulted_Ruler"????
              Superman ideology VERY dualistic, so very untranscendental.

Comment

Originally posted by ewatada View Post
                Superman ideology VERY dualistic, so very untranscendental.
                Hmm...that was very loquacious in your venacular.

Comment

i think a plane flew over my head...
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

hey, ER, get xfire. from www.xfire.com - its an IM that is centered around games. when we're both logged on you can see what server I am on, and with 1 click, start 2142, login, and join server!
                    after you install it, just add me, hellbent64
                    check out my screen shots
                    (scroll down and click for bigger pic) 1081 points in one game, baby!
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

hey, ER, get xfire. from www.xfire.com - its an IM that is centered around games. when we're both logged on you can see what server I am on, and with 1 click, start 2142, login, and join server!
                      after you install it, just add me, hellbent64
                      check out my screen shots
                      (scroll down and click for bigger pic) 1081 points in one game, baby!
                      Wow!...I'm still figuring out how to approach and destroy the Titan without getting killed.. my obstacle is the getting aboard via an APC..yikes. Anyway, ,I just strolled in today with Warrant Officer Gold...and I'm going to take a break till tomorrow night... Let me see how that x-fire works...cuz I try to keep my system clean as possible. Most times, I hunt a server that I can play as commander and stick there. The points rack up way fast, just that you have to think harder. Oh well.

Comment

Well, you can pod drop from an APC if you spawn/are near a titan in one. Or you can fly over in a plane (if theres good defenders tho, you might get shot down if you have a noob pilot - 2 AA guns on top of the titan provide 360' coverage - take down these turrets with a attack plane if possible, or blow it up with demo if you land near it)
                        You can also spawn on titan if your squad leader drops a respawn beacon.
                        I like to camp the drop-in chutes on the 2nd tier with C4 and claymores. A very cheesy tactic but it gets me lots of kills and makes good defense sense. Paired with a squadmate who will watch your back and resupply you you both score points!
                        Funny story - one guy kept trying to drop in thru the chute I was guarding and kept getting blown up. He made all this noise in chat about how I cheat and blah blahblah and tried to kill me for the next 50 minutes. I got bored and left.
                        The next day we're on the same team, in the same squad and he starts camping the chute =p
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Well, you can pod drop from an APC if you spawn/are near a titan in one. Or you can fly over in a plane (if theres good defenders tho, you might get shot down if you have a noob pilot - 2 AA guns on top of the titan provide 360' coverage - take down these turrets with a attack plane if possible, or blow it up with demo if you land near it)
                          You can also spawn on titan if your squad leader drops a respawn beacon.
                          I like to camp the drop-in chutes on the 2nd tier with C4 and claymores. A very cheesy tactic but it gets me lots of kills and makes good defense sense. Paired with a squadmate who will watch your back and resupply you you both score points!
                          Funny story - one guy kept trying to drop in thru the chute I was guarding and kept getting blown up. He made all this noise in chat about how I cheat and blah blahblah and tried to kill me for the next 50 minutes. I got bored and left.
                          The next day we're on the same team, in the same squad and he starts camping the chute =p
                          Well, I'm trying to figure out how to eject out of the APC...I use right-click...sometimes it works, sometimes it dont'...so is there a special position that I need to be in? If I jump in to the APC by myself, I become the driver...and then I can't eject. Unless, I'm NOT in the right vehicle. As for the Titan tips...I need to play more..The bummer side on this is that when I do play, the action is choppy and it's hard to shoot.

Comment

you cant eject as driver. press f1-f8 to switch positions in any vehicle. im not sure the turret guy can eject either. but any of the other positions can eject.

What kind of cpu/video card/ISP do you have?

Sadly, because of the way EA has set up server hosting, there are no ranked EA servers of any sort in Hawaii. An aquantance applied to host EA servers thru his company and the requirements they wanted were ridiculous. Hence no Hawaii servers. I usually ping about 90 to the closest ones tho - fairly playable.
                            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

you cant eject as driver. press f1-f8 to switch positions in any vehicle. im not sure the turret guy can eject either. but any of the other positions can eject.

What kind of cpu/video card/ISP do you have?

Sadly, because of the way EA has set up server hosting, there are no ranked EA servers of any sort in Hawaii. An aquantance applied to host EA servers thru his company and the requirements they wanted were ridiculous. Hence no Hawaii servers. I usually ping about 90 to the closest ones tho - fairly playable.
                              Oh wow!!! The Magic information!! I didn't know you can switch positions. OK...problem is then solved..thanks!

I have a P4 2.4ghz with 1gig ram, NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS with 512mb. When I play the titan mode, that's when it gets screwy. As for the EA Hawaii Server..I was contemplating forking over dough for a co-lo system at NETGS, which includes a brand new Intel Duo-Core... The drawback is that admin on the system is a lot of work, and you have to play play play..which may not be good for me as I have my business to run.

We've run several servers before, such as Quake2, Unreal Tournament2, and Counter-Strike...so admin is not unfamiliar territory...just lots of work.

Comment

you could co-lo at netgs, but it wouldnt be a ranked server. unless somethings changed since last i heard. if you could throw up a ranked ea sanctioned server, i might play again, and i bet youd get alot of traffic. the game is not new anymore tho. alot of the other ppl i used to play with dont play anymore either.
                                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                                X