Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 2142 - Who plays this?

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    you could co-lo at netgs, but it wouldnt be a ranked server. unless somethings changed since last i heard. if you could throw up a ranked ea sanctioned server, i might play again, and i bet youd get alot of traffic. the game is not new anymore tho. alot of the other ppl i used to play with dont play anymore either.
    Here's the scoops...my Damien 81' High School classmate is a network engineer for EA...I just emailed him my intention and I am currently waiting a reply... Ooh..hopefully strings can be pulled.
    http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

last i heard, and this was awhile ago, EA wanted 10 servers donated to be sanctioned. then they wanted 1 additional server per each you sell.
      this is the reason why slots cost $6-8 each.
      but i bet they change their tune, alot less servers nowadays.

i doubt a network engineer can do much with marketing, but good luck!
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

last i heard, and this was awhile ago, EA wanted 10 servers donated to be sanctioned. then they wanted 1 additional server per each you sell.
        this is the reason why slots cost $6-8 each.
        but i bet they change their tune, alot less servers nowadays.

i doubt a network engineer can do much with marketing, but good luck!
        Anything is possible...just have to ask. Besides I got 10 RETAIL copies of BF2142 from him. So that I can build up a 808 BF2142 following.

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1171417941

In the writing it says that I have given away 2...but before that I passed out 7 more and 1 of them was mine.

Stay tuned.
        http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

yeah, by all means, go ahead and ask. a ranked hawaii server would be great.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

any news on that server? i tried to add you in 2142, but you have to be online.
            i ranked up yesterday. WO gold now.
            hit me up on xfire.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

any news on that server? i tried to add you in 2142, but you have to be online.
              i ranked up yesterday. WO gold now.
              hit me up on xfire.

I got a negative on my EA friend. So I wrote EA support, and waiting for a response.

I just turned 2nd Lieutenant Silver...500pts away from the next level. My playtime is usually after 9pm....but not consistant due to work.

Comment

Here's my EA response...sound bonehead and automated to me....
                ------------------------------
                I would like to setup a Ranked server here in Hawaii. Currently, there is non...

Discussion Thread
                Customer 04/26/2007 12:29 PM
                Sorry Brian,

This doesn't satisfy my request. We're physically seperated by 3000 miles from Continental US, and even further from Europe.

If you've ever played the game, it's tolerable 80% of the time due to significantly latency. Even worse when you're playing a Titan map.

As a player this is what we experience in HAWAII!!!

As a business person, I can see some potential to become a RANKED partner affiliate here in the Pacific. EA has NOBODY.

As a customer, I believe that the game is great, however, due to the BF2142 mechanics, and the way rewards (awards, unlocks, special features) which are handled by the EA master servers, enjoying the game in single player mode is worthless after building player efficiency. The user must play multiplayer to gain those perks.

For the Hawaii BF2142 players to be competitive, we need a RANKED server physically stationed here. Whether it will be a single server or part of a complex partner affiliate program. If the plans for EA is NOT to have the latter, at the very least, a request for an exception to a single server solution.

Surely, it will build more gaming recognition to the EA BF series brand.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Irwin
                ------------------------------------------------
                Response (Brian S.) 04/26/2007 09:13 AM Hello Irwin and thank you for expressing interest in Battlefield 2142!

To earn Rank you must play on an Official Ranked Server. These are hosted by Electronic Arts and Affiliates. (Unfortunately, our wait list is currently full for Affiliates and we are no longer seeking additional partners beyond those that have already joined us.)

Although you may not be able to host your own Official Ranked Server, or be a Partner you may rent an Official Ranked Server from Electronic Arts or an Affiliate that will ensure stability and security and provide you or your Clan a place to play.

US & European Server Rental Program page
                http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/www/

The Battlefield Hosting website has further information concerning rented servers:
                http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/www/faq/

You may also use this site to rent a server:
                https://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/order/index1.asp

If you have already rented a server and require assistance with this server, you may request support through the support page for Battlefield Hosting. Only rented server support will be given; game support is not offered.
                http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/www/support/

Again, thanks for your interest in Battlefield 2142

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

Brian S.
                EA Customer Support

------------------------------------------------
                Customer 04/25/2007 03:32 PM
                I would like to setup a Ranked server here in Hawaii. Currently, there is none, and for any Hawaii player, we suffer significant latency.

Would there be an exception allowed for this? And what would be the requirements?

Thank you,

Irwin P.K. Santos
                ISLE Computer Consulting

Comment

i dont think you can achieve anything by going to customer service. you have to contact some sort of business service dept. and of course you would probably have to have a server farm =p
                  as i mentioned, a friend over at hurricane tried a year ago and walked away.
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

i dont think you can achieve anything by going to customer service. you have to contact some sort of business service dept. and of course you would probably have to have a server farm =p
                    as i mentioned, a friend over at hurricane tried a year ago and walked away.
                    Yep...but you have to start someplace...and I do have a serverfarm.

8 webservers (hosting 175+ web sites), 2 Email servers, 3 Ftp dedicated servers, with the capability to add more. i can also colo a system at OC or Netgs if need be.

Persistence does pay off...so we'll keep hammering at this.

Comment

Here are my 2 recent additions...
                      http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1170976446

Comment

wow, cool. got a link for website hosting? i used to rent a raq4 from ev1servers for $100/mo, i might need to rent a small space in the future.

i think i didnt get you added on because i forgot the U in your name...
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

wow, cool. got a link for website hosting? i used to rent a raq4 from ev1servers for $100/mo, i might need to rent a small space in the future.

i think i didnt get you added on because i forgot the U in your name...
                          My servers are actually for present client accounts that I build sites for. Not that I would turn away business from a simple host...just that you probably want all the features like FTP,etc. Here I only have internal access, and have my clients run their updates through me...(make more money that way cuz I'm an opportunist i.e. "greedy bastid")

If your site is "set and forget"...then maybe I can work out something reasonable for you....but if you need to always self-update, I'm afraid that I'm not your solution. Got a site you have in mind?

Comment

@Hellbent...OK..got you buddied up....but I may not play till late tonight...and then sometime on Sunday...

Anyway, here's the continuing attempt to plug at EA....

------------------------
                            Customer
                            Hey Brian,

Aside from complaining to God, nothing is impossible. Who would be the person to contact? Please advise.

Thank you,

Irwin

Response (Brian S.) 04/27/2007 03:56 PM
                            Hello Irwin,

Irwin, I understand your argument 100%, but unfortunately our Battlefield Team are no longer seeking additional partner servers. Decisions made above me have been made to no longer accept applications for servers. If you find a server we can definitely add your IPs, but unfortunately we do not have the power to persuade our BF2142 Team to open applications again for ranked servers. I apologize for any inconveniences. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Thank you for contacting EA Customer Support!

Brian S.
                            EA Customer Support

Customer 04/27/2007 12:26 PM
                            Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply. Yet, there needs to be something more definitive, whether it will happen or not. Should it be the case that it does happen....timeframe of implementation? Else, I would like to know otherwise...say someone asks me if how I like BF2142...I would say it's a great game...but don't look for any kind of longevity for Hawaii players. Which is true, because the real gamer will be dissappointed as I am.

Technically, it doesn't take much to setup an UNRANKED server. Server app is here; (link to server app removed)

and you need a server to handle with decent bandwidth.

I've hosted other Multiplayer games before, such as Quake, Unreal Tournament, and Counter-Strike. The lifespan of these games are 2 years before you retire them. CS is one of those rare games, but I dropped playing it due to BF2142. I can see BF2142 still in action 2 years from now...and if EA's plan is to wait till then...that would be a loss.

Personally, I would like to run my own server. As for costs & licensing...well let's see the information. It needs to be feasible first to fathom the price, as this would be an extra curricular passion of entertainment.

Hawaii does have gamers...you build it and they will come...

With the above said, I can only envision that this is more an administrative & political debacle than anything else.

Perhaps you can provide a contact phone number and/or email address of someone that I can talk to in person, please?

Thank you,

Irwin

Response (Brian S.) 04/27/2007 08:33 AM
                            Hello Irwin,

I understand your frustration on every level Irwin and our team has addressed this issue with the game development team not to long ago. At this time, we still do not have further information regarding if any servers will make its way to Hawaii in the near future. I will address this issue with our Battlefield Team once again as I know how important it is to ensure we provide quality game play. Once we get more information we will update you. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Brian S.
                            EA Customer Support

Comment

...and I just followed it up with this...

-------------------------
                              Customer 04/27/2007 04:29 PM
                              Sorry Brian, I'm sure you're restricted by the bounds of your position. However, I'm persistent....

What's the snail mail address of the following, including names of the department heads:

- EA President
                              - DICE President
                              - CEO
                              - Battlefield 2142 Team
                              - Customer Service
                              - Marketing
                              - Your Supervisor

Here is my contact information:

ISLE Computer Consulting
                              438 Hobron Lane, Suite V-5
                              Honolulu, HI 96815
                              Phone (808) 946-8107
                              FAX (808) 946-8108
                              Email: irwin@isle-cc.com

Irwin P.K. Santos
                              President

Response (Brian S.) 04/27/2007 04:18 PM
                              Hello Irwin,

I'm very sorry Irwin, but unfortunately there is no phone number available to contact regarding this issue. I have passed this along with our Battlefield Team to address your concern. At this time, I do not have further information to provide you and I apologize for any inconveniences. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Brian S.
                              EA Customer Support

Comment

I was going to suggest you post on the EA forums, but apparently EA doesnt work there either.

Maybe you can ask your friend in EA to get you that info? Back it up with some number of players in Hawaii that play 2142 or used to play 2142 but due to lack of local servers, blah blah blah.

Really, I think its kind of warm already. They might have been working on server deployment last year, when the game came out, but its been out a year already... Still, I'd like to see a Hawaii server, so good luck!
                                Last edited by Hellbent; April 27, 2007, 03:31 PM.
                                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                                X