X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomai
    replied
    Re: Ninja Is Missing

That's so cool.. a turtle named Ninja! My condolences as well.

I remember as a little kid, my folks bought me a "pet" turtle.. one of those really small ones, and I forget how, but it escaped and I never found it. I was so bummed. It was sad.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Thanks so much, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

I just saw dis thread too.

My heartfelt condolences turtlegirl.

(((HUGS)))

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• WindwardOahuRN
    replied
    Re: Ninja Is Missing!!

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    the run over turtle was Ninja.

Aloha oe, until we meet again.
    Oh I am so sorry!! How very sad. I just saw this thread this morning---sorry I'm so late in offering condolences.

Leave a comment:

• Beau
    replied

Dear turtlegirl,

I so enjoyed meeting and talking to you and Sven at the HT geek picnic, please accept my very belated condolences on your lost of Ninja.

As a fellow animal lover I know how you feel...

Beau

Leave a comment:

• Kleo
    replied

I am so sorry to hear that...

You know, in Russia I use to have a small pet turtle at home (we lived in a block of flats in high rise building on the 8th floor), and somehow she got out of her box and ended up on the balcony where we had a large gap between the rail and floor...and poor turtle fall down from the 8th floor!!!

She did not survived of course...my mother found her downstairs...

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

turtlegirl, we are so sorry. What a loss.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

I am glad you had a good time with friends and many activities that had to
    make things easier for you! What fun it must have been. BTW, it's Coqui frog. Kokee is a really lovely area on Kauai that we used to go to with Maggie and
    stay at a lovely cabin years ago.

Leave a comment:

• kani-lehua
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    I miss my Ninja so much, especially her cute 'smile' and her 'foodie face' (this look she got when hungry)!! We gave her a nice beach burial ceremony in Kaaawa. Back to the sea. I am going to rescue another turtle as soon as I get settled in my new place. A guy at Kuoloa Ranch called me about a turtle he found that needs a home, so I plan to go see it this weekend. Was thinking of naming it Kui.
    glad you kept yourself BUSY on the big island.

why were you thinking of naming the new turtle "kui"?

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

On behalf of myself, my boyfriend, and our two "children" Rishi and Frankie: "We're so sorry to hear about your loss."

Hugs to you...

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Thank you all so very much! The BI was definately good for me. I got to keep myself really busy helping my friends out in Kurtistown. Worked hard, played with dogs and cats, rode in the back of trucks, met some nice new people and visited with old friends, shot bb guns, went to the dump, replanted trees, shoveled mulch, helped paint a house, cooked yummy food out in the country on a propane stove, designed a chicken coop, listened to kokee frogs, drank too much beer, watched stars... all good distractions! Thank goodness for good friends.

I miss my Ninja so much, especially her cute 'smile' and her 'foodie face' (this look she got when hungry)!! We gave her a nice beach burial ceremony in Kaaawa. Back to the sea. I am going to rescue another turtle as soon as I get settled in my new place. A guy at Kuoloa Ranch called me about a turtle he found that needs a home, so I plan to go see it this weekend. Was thinking of naming it Kui.

Thanks for everyone's concern and kind words

Leave a comment:

• Jim75
    replied

I'm so sorry, turtlegirl. Loosing a pet is very painful. When it's safe for me to do, I always get out and move turtles to safety when I see one trying to cross a road as it's common for them to get hit. That's a sad deal. I feel for you. Hopefully your trip to the Big Island will bring you some peace.

Leave a comment:

• kani-lehua
    replied

ah, damn! turtlegirl, my heart goes out to you. along with leashlaws, i know exactly how you feel to have lost a beloved pet.

the big island is very spiritual (for me , anyway) and i'm hoping that you will find peace and rest for you weary mind, body and soul.

just thinking? maybe you could adopt a turtle from the humane society? i saw several there some time ago.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

I feel sorry that you are sad, but at least now you don't have to wonder anymore what happened to her.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/petloss/

Aloha Turtlegirl - how sorry I am to read of poor little Ninja. What a difficult time for you and Sven. If the above link can be useful to you I'd definitely
    suggest you seek their support. When my beloved Maggie left us they were
    of great comfort and help only a phone call away. These are veterinary
    students who volunteer the hotline and besides being a great service to those grieving it gives the students a different and most valuable perspective on
    their chosen profession. I continue to support them every now and then with a contribution to keep the work going.

Good thoughts come your way, have a restful time on the Big Island.
    A hui hou

Leave a comment:

Working...
X