Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 19 year old seeking a job

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    [...]Get a backpack and a plane ticket to anywhere and work on farms with a variety of people from all over as a WWOOFie (it started out as 'working weekends on organic farms). Spend a year or so doing that and you'll be richer for it.
    Farm work can be labor intensive and according to Adrian..."Well, I want to avoid working in a labor intensive job like what I did at walmart, or else I'll just quit in a few months like what I did."

Adrian...if you were offered a somewhat well paying job, one that would allow you to live on your own in another state...would you take advantage of that offer? Are you ready to leave the nest and strike out on your own? I ask because I'm getting the feeling that you're comfortable where you are and leaving home, at this point, might not be an option for you. That would eliminate the military and travel when both would, in fact, be great experiences for you.

Comment

I have a suggestion, an idea that came to me while posting in the Pseudophrine Menace thread...

...Perhaps you could solicit and secure a contract with Longs and all the other Pharmacies, and create a database for all of us NyQuil, Sudafed purchasers! (sarcasm...I'm sick, and grouchy!).
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Farm work can be labor intensive and according to Adrian..."Well, I want to avoid working in a labor intensive job like what I did at walmart, or else I'll just quit in a few months like what I did."

Adrian...if you were offered a somewhat well paying job, one that would allow you to live on your own in another state...would you take advantage of that offer? Are you ready to leave the nest and strike out on your own? I ask because I'm getting the feeling that you're comfortable where you are and leaving home, at this point, might not be an option for you. That would eliminate the military and travel when both would, in fact, be great experiences for you.
        Okay no labor intensive work and the comfort of where he is leaves only one viable option left...DAY TRADING on the internet!

You get to stay home, stay with your parents, no BREATH OF FRESH AIR (meaning no pushing carts in the sun or rain), you get to toil on your computer all day long in your boxers and make money!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Marry a working woman and be a housedad?
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Okay no labor intensive work and the comfort of where he is leaves only one viable option left...DAY TRADING on the internet![...] and make money!
            AAAAAAAAACCCK! Don't listen to Craig, Adrian. He was just kidding. Really. Honest injun!!! Craig is probably one who can get away with day trading without bankrupting his family but it definitely isn't for the faint of heart...or those with no knowledge!

That said, when I have time on my hands, I'd love to play with $100. just to see what I can do with it...if anything! But first I need to read, read and read some more! And that takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              AAAAAAAAACCCK! Don't listen to Craig, Adrian. He was just kidding. Really. Honest injun!!! Craig is probably one who can get away with day trading without bankrupting his family but it definitely isn't for the faint of heart...or those with no knowledge!

That said, when I have time on my hands, I'd love to play with $100. just to see what I can do with it...if anything! But first I need to read, read and read some more! And that takes time.
              heck it can't be worse than going to Las Vegas. How many of us really know how to gamble? Most of us come back with empty pockets and a maxed out credit card(s).

Comment

heck it can't be worse than going to Las Vegas. How many of us really know how to gamble? Most of us come back with empty pockets and a maxed out credit card(s).
                I've been to LV less than a handful of times but I NEVER lost more than $5. during any, one visit. O'course, that's all I allowed myself to play with! More often than not I won a few bucks via the slots or blackjack. Was always fun but, for me, the fun woulda ceased with bigger stakes. I came home with $40. once and I was thrilled! My boyfriend told me I was very low maintenance! Smart boyfriend. Shoulda kept him!

Comment

only one viable option left...DAY TRADING on the internet!
                  Uhhhhh, don't you have to have money first?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                    Uhhhhh, don't you have to have money first?
                    Hey he's got a new car...sell it then you got money!

Comment

Hey he's got a new car...sell it then you got money!
                      As long as he's not upside down on the loan.

Comment

That's true. I'd still sell the car for what he can, and buy an older car (like what he had) own it outright and use what would have been monthly car payments and insurance costs for investment purposes.

Comment

UPDATE!

I just set an appointment for an interview for tomorrow around noon time for a computer tech/office helper position. The interview will be in Schofield, and if I do get it, then it'll be killing two birds with one stone because I can hopefully advertise my Mom's embroidery business there.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                            UPDATE!

I just set an appointment for an interview for tomorrow around noon time for a computer tech/office helper position. The interview will be in Schofield, and if I do get it, then it'll be killing two birds with one stone because I can hopefully advertise my Mom's embroidery business there.
                            Pssst...Adrian. If you get the job, don't be advertising your Mom's business too openly. Most businesses don't like having their employees moonlighting for other companies while they are supposedly on the job.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

By some chance, I stumbled onto their website tonight. The company's name is Progressive Computer Services with their main branch on Dillingham, and of course a location in Schofield - where tomorrow's interview is scheduled to take place.

So basically, it looks like it'll be just like working at my current job.
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                                By some chance, I stumbled onto their website tonight. The company's name is Progressive Computer Services with their main branch on Dillingham, and of course a location in Schofield - where tomorrow's interview is scheduled to take place.

So basically, it looks like it'll be just like working at my current job.
                                Not quite like the little storefront you currently work at. These guys have been around since 1992 and they also are government subcontractors so they probably aren't going to be quite as "casual".

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X