Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking new job!

Hello everyone,
    I'm looking for a better job. Though I love the museum, no one on staff has received a raise in over 5 years with none in sight along with being on furlough (72hrs per pay period). It's just not cutting it so I'm hoping for a better position here in Honolulu.
    If you hear of any leads, please let me know. Thanks!

OBJECTIVE: A worthy security officer/manager position.
    References and work contacts provided upon request.

2nd Lieutenant of Security
    Watch Captain for the 3rd Watch (4pm -- 12am)
    B. P. Bishop Museum Honolulu
    May 2005 through present
    I am in charge of training new officers, along with scheduling and the filling of vacant slots on my watch. I fill out detailed reports daily including watch logs, incident reports and work requests.
    We deal with parties, events, special openings, festivals of hundreds, even thousands where often there is drinking involved. We also have school sleepovers with all the galleries open at times. Any other staff members around are basically in their offices. We have to pay attention to all those staff members and secure their areas asap. Speaking of securing, it's the 3rd Watch that is charged with locking down the entire campus nightly. I am CPR and 1st Aid Certified and have used these skills. Lots of interaction with the public.

Senior Security Officer
    Ala Wai Skyrise Condominium Honolulu
    January 1996 to April 2005
    I was responsible for training in-house security officers, the enforcing of building rules, keeping accurate daily logs and incident reports. I filled in for any vacant security or maintenance shifts. I did minor building maintenance as needed too. The changing of lights, painting, etc. Lots of interaction with owners, tenants, contractors and visitors.

Security Officer
    B. P. Bishop Museum Honolulu
    March 1991 to July 1995
    Lots of interaction with the public. Enforce safety and crowd control issues while keeping accurate daily logs and incident reports.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Seeking new job!

Good luck to you, MM. I, too, am in job-hunting mode these days, as my State-funded job (not in Hawai`i) was eliminated due to budget cuts. We also went through furloughs and pay cuts in the three-plus years since I was hired. I'm not sweating my situation at present, and I hope that you'll also find an improvement in your employment before long.

Comment

Thanks Leo.
      Another possibility is a monday night job, since I have sundays and every other saturday evening off.
      Am asked sometimes to cover vacation days on those but rarely on mondays so...

Comment

check your PM
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          check your PM
          I did. And had a couple of suggestions. Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
          X