This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car needed

This is the place for marketing, yes. Why Mataiva is getting the snark versus, say, Mr. Inkjet Refill is a mystery to me. Except, perhaps, that Mataiva's debut here was under the auspices of starting a conversation, but is clearly only loitering so long as she feels she can generate business.

Hell, in this case, someone posted that they wanted a car, and, hey, Tristan sells cars. If there's any area, or thread, where Mataiva's narrow, commercial focus is relevant, it's this one.

But like I said, she can't expect everyone to love her constant shilling, and the best way to respond would be to both have a sense of humor about it all and to also adjust the balance of her contributions to not further alienate her potential client base (which is how I read Leo's original response to her, after she seemed to imply we're not taking buy/sell posts seriously). Or, at least, to not pull a Tiny Tadani and go, "Well, I don't care if I'm annoying you, because I got what I want! Attention!"
    Last edited by pzarquon; August 8, 2006, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
      From the posts I've read, she only makes her pitch in areas of HT where it's perfectly fine to do so.
      You mean like her posts in "Introductions" or in the threads about "Bayfest" or "Pot Culture"...Perhaps your Google-fu needs a tuneup.
      Originally posted by Palolo Joe
      Unlike other members who decide to derail threads for no other reason than to bloat their post count.
      Says he, derailing the thread with an unrelated point, so he can get a dig in at someone. Don't worry, you'll catch up - just don't get put on hold for another month.
      Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 8, 2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mataiva
        okay so what do you suggest, like I said I'm new, it would be advantages to receive input from a more experienced, more mature person such as yourself.
        Mature? See, now that's what I mean by a sense of humor.

My advice is still: Try not talking about car sales.

And that doesn't mean giving advice in a "moving to Hawaii" thread, then adding, "...and by the way, if you need a car when you get here, call me!" Put your business in your signature, and leave it at that.

You know how, at a big, fun picnic, everyone hates when someone suddenly whips out the Amway crap? Well, we all know you're in the car business, and provided you don't continue to be obnoxious about it, we'll all know who to ask when we're in the market. In the mean time... share something, anything, about yourself that isn't wrapped in an ad.

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek
          Looking for a GOOD 95-up Toyota Camry or 94-up Honda Accord.

Automatic
          Working A/C
          reliable.

let me know thanks!
          . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          hi speedtek. i've got a 94 acura integra that i bought second hand in '95. the previous owner was the manager of pfluger acura. i've been tied up with stuff and have put off selling the car for so long; i posted a question months ago about the honda element cuz i planned to sell my acura and buy the element (need the space for my daughter and all her stuff).

i'm not into cars and don't know the first thing about em. i just drive em to get me from a to b and do the basic stuff: tune up, oil change, etc. never drove the car hard. i think it's got about 96,000 miles on it. changed the timing belt and water pump when it hit 10 years.

it's got a small dent on the driver's side above the wheel cuz some driver probably backed up into it at a shopping center. it's also got about 3 golf ball dings from golfers who don't know how to play. (i don't play; i just parked my car in an area where retired military people practiced their shots.)

when i checked months ago, the blue book value was 4k i believe but i'm willing to sell it for $3,400. i wasn't gonna post an ad for it here but since i saw your posting, i thought i'd reply. not a problem if you're not interested. i was planning on posting it on craigslist--which reminds me. besides the papers, you should check out craigslist cuz they've got a bunch of ads for cars there.
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Um, Ryan...to adapt something you said to Miulang in another thread recently, are you reading what people are posting? My first comment to Mataiva was about her statement in judgement of posters on HT:
            I'm not too sure as to how serious people are on this site, as far as really selling, trading, and buying anything
            I even suggested that she get MORE involved in conversations here. But she responded with some commercial about how people should pay full sticker prices, as if car dealers were just as trustworthy as the grocers who sell milk. Frankly, I don't give a rat's @$$ about her Mazda dealership in Kailua, or whether they are number one (or spew the most number two) on O`ahu. But after a dozen commercials, I don't think she's in the best position to discuss how serious people here are about anything.

As for this:
            Originally posted by pzarquon
            Why Mataiva is getting the snark versus, say, Mr. Inkjet Refill is a mystery to me.
            Have you looked at that thread today? Manoa and I have, clearly. Gregoahu hasn't come back to counter anything, Mataiva has - if he wants to discuss his spam with us, he'll find more than enough "snark" lying in wait.

Comment

Hey the Pot Culture * see theres one, I didn't mention any cars in that one....oh wait I did in the P.S. portion ~

never mind...you're right I think I'm overly obsessed(spelling) with selling cars, but you know what. . . .its FUN and I love doing what I do.
              Tristin-Mataiva . . . . . Zoom, Zoom, Zoom! ! !
              I sell cars...TTFN, have a nice day and Drive Safe!!!
              email: zoomhawaii@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                Have you looked at that thread today? Manoa and I have, clearly.
                Ah, gotta admit, I missed your replies. Basically I knew I wasn't interested in inkjet refills, nor interested in calling more attention to 'em, so I just ignored it. A strategy you mention there, in fact, and one that might have reduced some of the tempest in a teapot we've all stirred here.

To be sure, folks like Gregoahu can wear out their welcome, too... and have a way of being quietly banned eventually.

Comment

I have no idea what you're trying to say, Manoa. (I mean, what "your" trying to say.)
                  I guess what I meant to say... was if tristan is interested in Advertising on this board... maybe he should talk to an admin directly and find out if theyr'e is a way to post "Advertisements"

Since I noticed HT uses Leahinet.
                  https://adwords.google.com/select/On...87&hl=en&gl=US

Comment

you're right I think I'm overly obsessed(spelling) with selling cars, but you know what. . . .its FUN and I love doing what I do.
                    That's good, that's good. I'm glad you enjoy it. Not everyone finds a job they enjoy so much, lucky you.

But what I said before (and pzarquon restated), tell us more about OTHER things in your life, besides selling cars (except in the "Selling" threads, where you can do all the commercials admin will allow.) And don't be so quick to claim you know "how people are."

Comment

Psst... speedtek? Don't mind us. Be sure to check out what shaveice has available.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        Psst... speedtek? Don't mind us. Be sure to check out what shaveice has available.
                        Huh? What? I'm sorry, was there actually a topic going on here, prior to all our shouting? Carry on...

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          I guess what I meant to say... was if tristan is interested in Advertising on this board... maybe he should talk to an admin directly and find out if theyr'e is a way to post "Advertisements"
                          Hey guys,

Im a girl, geez...i know, i know, tristin is a boys name, and made famous by the use of the name in the movie Legends of the Fall staring Brad Pitt... and all that hooplah, anywho okay...someone above stated that I should talk about something OTHER than selling cars...hmm

Lemme find a thread about something interesting....

Comment

Hey guys, Im a girl, geez...i know, i know, tristin is a boys name, and made famous by the use of the name in the movie Legends of the Fall staring Brad Pitt...
                            No worries, Mataiva. Pretty much everyone here figured it out by now. I think maybe your very first post and thread in June about girls being able to sell cars was probably our first hint. And, you know, previously issued corrections.

Comment

Lemme find a thread about something interesting....
                              So you created one - now you're getting the hang of it! Thank you for having a sense of humor, and not leaving in a huff, after all this blather. Here's to some great conversations with you!

Comment

whoa...but i need help witht the QUOTE action, umm...i keep hitting quote, but then it doesn't quote like you guys...help!

Comment

Working...
                                X