WTB: parallel cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTB: parallel cable

I finally found one at Salvation Army for $3. After a few minutes of soldering, I plug it in and it worked!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      On a serial connection pin 2 crosses over to pin three because in order to receive, it must be sent.
      Only if you're connecting two DTE (or two DCE) devices together. If you're connecting a DTE and a DCE, then it's straight though.

Of course, if you're dealing with a 9-pin serial connection, the pin numbers are a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        Only if you're connecting two DTE (or two DCE) devices together. If you're connecting a DTE and a DCE, then it's straight though.

Of course, if you're dealing with a 9-pin serial connection, the pin numbers are a little different.
        On a DB-9 pins 2 and 3 is reversed and pin 7 is RTS or Request to Send. Pin 5 is Ground. On a DB-25 Pin 7 is Ground while Pin 5 is CTS or Clear to Send.

I don't understand why they just didn't leave Pin 7 as ground on either DB-9 or DB-25.

Oh those days of modems.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X