Hazardous To My Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hazardous To My Health

Charles...You're not the first person someone (or 2 or 3) has called out on HT. Nor will you be the last, I'm sure. We're a group of people who love to discuss and research most anything having to do with Hawaii. Your wife's book fell into that category. You invited people to Google for reviews and, in doing so, it became apparent that you were reviewing your wife's book without a disclaimer as to your relationship to the author. Not good, Charles. Not good. That, alone, is a good enough reason for red flags to go up causing people to search further.

The information uncovered in those searches was definitely not flattering and is reason enough to be skeptical of you. Leo never attacked your wife's book. No one doubted your wife's story. Leo exposed you and my guess is he was just as surprised as the rest of us. He'd obviously done some research based on a question I asked in post #3. Then there were your several invitations to Google. Seriously, with the search capacity of the internet surely you didn't expect your past to stay hidden, did you?

As Kaonohi already stated, Leo is a well respected, long time member of the HT community. You came to HT with a product to sell. Then your past was uncovered. And now you're fightin' mad. Leo's not your enemy, Charles. You are your enemy.

I wish your wife the best with her book. My hope for her is that it's marketed appropriately so she has the best chance of success.

Comment

Kaonohi & tutusue, I appreciate the kind words. Lest anyone else wish to jump in and spend more time discussing my "impeccable" credentials, let's not. VSnick1 wants to distract us and deflect the light shining on him - please don't further enable that behavior.

He is certainly welcome to promote his wife's book here - and I am welcome to present the information that I have found which implicates him as a fraud. Everyone else can make up their own minds based on the information presented, of course.

Didn't Amati ask an excellent question a while back, still unanswered?
      Originally posted by Amati View Post
      If they were married, I suppose I can imagine circumstances where it could still be considered "kidnapping." Are there any links to court cases related to these individuals (Claude & Marcia) and the kidnapping?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Kaonohi & tutusue, I appreciate the kind words. Lest anyone else wish to jump in and spend more time discussing my "impeccable" credentials, let's not. VSnick1 wants to distract us and deflect the light shining on him - please don't further enable that behavior.

He is certainly welcome to promote his wife's book here - and I am welcome to present the information that I have found which implicates him as a fraud. Everyone else can make up their own minds based on the information presented, of course.

If they were married, I suppose I can imagine circumstances where it could still be considered "kidnapping." Are there any links to court cases related to these individuals (Claude & Marcia) and the kidnapping?
        It's all in the book
        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by VSnick1 View Post
          It's all in the book
          Perhaps Matapule's uaifi will be kind enough to fill us in on that, after she has read the book.

Comment

Perhaps Matapule's uaifi will be kind enough to fill us in on that, after she has read the book.
            Certainly, but we won't be able to pick up the book until early July, so be patient.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              Certainly, but we won't be able to pick up the book until early July, so be patient.
              Gee.
              I.
              Hope.
              I.
              Can.
              Handle.
              The.
              Tension.

Comment

And if anyone else in interested in more interesting stories, you are always welcome to google Mr. Vandersnick's name - and get a good look at him as well. FWIW, the photo comes from the same little central Florida town as the independent publisher of the book (who, incidentally, don't even list this book on their website) - "fugitive from justice / Hawaii / violation of probation - burglary" ... then there's the lawsuit regarding Waiohinu Dreams LLC ... and the related real-estate questions about your and Marcia's new Soulutions LLC company in The Villages, Florida ...
                Originally posted by VSnick1 View Post
                Leo, I am sorry that you decided to attack my integrity.
                Hawaii's online records show:

VANDERSNICK,CHARLES MICHAEL
                *** NOT CERTIFIED ***
                Weight: 180 LBS.
                Height: 6'0"
                Total Charges: 10
                Did someone mention integrity?
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

*bump*
                  Haven't forgotten that we await your uaifi's take on this book. I'm certain Charles is awaiting your response as well, since he still checks HT from time to time, according to his profile.

I was reminded of this conversation and the importance of full disclosure when this story came up in the Seattle area recently.

Comment

*bump*Haven't forgotten that we await your uaifi's take on this book. I'm certain Charles is awaiting your response as well, since he still checks HT from time to time, according to his profile.
                    Leo, you should change your screen name to "Clair Voyant"! Yes, we have finished the book and I have responses from uaifi, uafi's sister, and matapule. Stand by for a full, in depth report.

I was reminded of this conversation and the importance of full disclosure when this story came up in the Seattle area recently.
                    Veeely interestink! I have read several of Ann Rule's books, but not this particular one. Dead men tell no tales, huh? Just to give you a heads up, the Marlboro Man in question is reported to have died in Costa Rica several years ago! Pretty hard for him to refute anything in the book, Hazardous to My Health.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Check out facebook.com and go to "Bars In The South Bay" and look for Peter Pope Kahapea on page three. He talks a little about Claude Hall and the club he was partners in with Dickie Smothers and Clint Eastwood. The club was "Cisco's" in Manhattan Beach, Ca. Peter also mentions that Claude moved to Hawaii and opened another club, "The Red Noodle".
                      Charles

Comment

Yes, we have finished the book and I have responses from uaifi, uafi's sister, and matapule. Stand by for a full, in depth report.
                        And ..... just wondering.
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                          And ..... just wondering.
                          Me too man.
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Amati posted:
                            Aloha all; My name is Marcia Hill and I went to Kailua high, class of 63. Now I live in Florida and was wondering if anyone remembers the Red Noodle night club in Waikiki from the early 70's? I am in the final stages of a book I am writing and any info about the owner Claude Hall or memories of the Red Noodle would be greatly appreciated. I was married to Claude and am writing a book about those times. Also Claude was one of the early Marlboro Men. Thank you so much and Mahalo to everyone
                            Marcia
                            Claude & Marcia, Charles & Marcia, this is confusing. Was Marcia married to Charles when Claude kidnapped her, and subsequently married Claude? Or was she schmoozing with Charles when Claude (her husband?) kidnapped her?

Sounds like an interesting story, at least.... But what's the order of action? I admit it's intriguing, but not enough to BUY a book to get that answered....

Chuck, you gotta give us some background.
                            Last edited by Kaonohi; May 4, 2012, 05:02 PM.
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                            X