Honolulu Community Media Council Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Community Media Council Forum

Readers of this site will be interested to know that Ryan Ozawa will be on a panel of 3 internet media publishers at the next Honolulu Community Media Council Forum.

So says this new article from Erika Engle:

The Buzz: Wading Through the Truths, Half-Truths and Outright Lies

Ryan Ozawa, an advocate of personal publishing familiar to Hawaii message-board surfers; former Honolulu Advertiser columnist Burt Lum; and Malia Zimmerman, a former Pacific Business News reporter-turned president of HawaiiReporter.com, will discuss the impact that Web authors, or "bloggers," have had on the public.
    Ryan will be sharing the forum with Burt Lum of Brouhaha.net and Malia Zimmerman of HawaiiReporter.com.

Forum is November 15 probably at the Pacific Club around lunchtime. They're not cheap, I think $25 for non-media council members... maybe more.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Honolulu Community Media Council Forum

Originally posted by mel
    Ryan will be sharing the forum with Burt Lum of Brouhaha.net and Malia Zimmerman of HawaiiReporter.com.
    Congrats to Ryan!
    Now, the question is -- will the heat be turned up on Malia at the forum, as it should be, for what she did to Duke's wife???

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Malia will definitely be the center of attention, and will provide a great real-world example of the discussion of the role, strengths, and pitfalls of online media. I'm hoping it won't be a confrontational gathering, however.

No matter how you feel about Malia's reporting, what deserves study is the simple fact that it's out there, and that anyone's words can be just as easily out there, too. That having the power and reach of media in the hands of citizens can have a transformative effect, for better or worse, on who has access to information and to the eyes and ears of the public.

A pity Ian Lind, who offered counterpoints to Malia's view, won't be able to join us. I hope folks who attend bring printouts from both blogs.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        I'm hoping it won't be a confrontational gathering, however.
        That's wishful thinking...

Comment

Get off my radio, Ryan!

Sheez, trying to listen to the events of the day on KHPR in the afternoon and instead I hear Ryan Ozawa opining about girls' boyfriends. (Isn't she still a bit young for those worries?)

Comment

Re: Get off my radio, Ryan!

Ha, scary yea. I wonder where he will pop up next?
            Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Comment

For those curious or masochistic enough to listen, I've encoded and posted both Chad Blair's HPR News report on the forum and my recording of the panel itself (well, the first hour or so, until my recorder ran out of space!) on the web.

Isn't she still a bit young for those worries?
              It's never too early to worry! She's had a couple of boyfriends and expressed the accompanying plans for matrimony already... naive childhood make-believe though they may have been. She already knows she isn't dating until she's 30.

Comment

Working...
              X