Streaming Internet Media Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaming Internet Media Sites

This topic is being started for the posting of links to various streaming internet media sites. These can be local streaming sites such as IRH.com or links to radio/broadcast/webcast sites from out of state or country.

Feel free to also discuss streaming media sites listed here or any others that you may find.
    Last edited by mel; May 22, 2004, 01:43 AM. Reason: adding more stuff
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Streaming Internet Media Sites

I do like 99.5 Bob FM (KHUI), but I have to admit, I really liked The Breeze when it was on the air there. Fortunately, the station is now online. Powered by Warp Radio, you can even just use this link to launch straight into the music.

Comment

Fairly new rock station out of LA that has been breaking the cookie cutter mold. Good stuff.

http://indie1031.fm/main.html

Comment

For instrumental Jazz/Fusion/Rock/Funk, this is THE PLACE TO BE...

ATTENTION SPAN RADIO
        http://www.attentionspanradio.net
        Or, find it easily in the Jazz section of your iTunes radio player!

Dixie Dreggs
        Mahavishnu
        Brand X
        Return To Forever
        Al Di Meola
        Jeff Beck
        Steve Morse
        Herbie Hancock
        Bill Cobham
        Eric Johnson
        Spyro Gyra
        ..and many more greats!

Here's a quick trivia..
        In 1975, Phil Collins, formerly of Genesis, also co-founded a then-obscure British Jazz-Fusion band known as Brand X.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

We interrupt this message board with breaking news…

For the last few months a group of technicians named Team 365, working out of Foster City, CA has been tracking a strange phenomenon. What generated from a small oasis in Las Vegas has quickly turned into a massive wave that is sweeping across the world. This wave has been recorded to already hit the following countries: Japan, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, India, Australia, French Polynesia, Chile, Belgium, Sweden, Netherlands, France, Spain, Lithuania, Finland, Brazil, Panama, Venezuela, Morocco, Mexico, Israel, New Zealand and also many parts of the U.S.A. This surge, though very rapid, surprisingly poses no harm. I repeat, “This wave poses no harm!” Infact, the thousands of people who have been struck by this wave have reported feeling less tense and less stressed. An enormous number of people were even drawn to dance. Amazingly, this wave has improved productivity for many at work and in their home lives. Many claimed the wave’s effect on them felt like they were swept away to their very own tropical island. Ironically, its creator has dubbed this wave according to Team 365 “Pipeline 2 Paradise!”

What exactly is Pipeline 2 Paradise? Well after countless hours of intense monitoring, Team 365 has finally determined Pipeline 2 Paradise to be one of the fastest growing “INTERNET RADIO STATIONS” to be created within the last few months. Pu’ukani Sebala created Pipeline 2 Paradise. His intentions was to generate a “wave of aloha” if you will. With passion he created a radio station via Live365.com that would reach all parts of the world packing the best in Hawaiian Island Music! Music from artists like Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, Cecilio and Kapono, Fiji, Pati, Justin, Ekolu, Na Leo, Ho’onu’a, Sudden Rush, Na Wai Ho’olu’u o ke anuenue, Keali’i Reichel, Mana’o Company, Kalapana, Ka’au Crater Boys, O-shen, Ilona, Chief Ragga, and even the comedy of the late great Rap Reiplinger was assembled for this purpose

The question now is “Are you ready to experience what thousands have already experienced?” If your answer is YES, then let’s not waste anymore time. The following link will take you directly to the homepage of Pipeline 2 Paradise. Good luck and enjoy.
          We now return you back to your regular messaging….

Comment

Thanks, Paul, for that most colorful introduction for your Live365 station. It should be noted that thanks to Live365 setup, anyone can start a station, and dozens include Hawaiian music in their playlists. It takes quite a library and a bit of time to build a decent, varied playlist.

This reminds me, I also discovered AlohaJoe, another independent broadcaster. His station is one of the most popular in the Warp Radio network.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Thanks, Paul, for that most colorful introduction for your Live365 station. It should be noted that thanks to Live365 setup, anyone can start a station, and dozens include Hawaiian music in their playlists. It takes quite a library and a bit of time to build a decent, varied playlist.

This reminds me, I also discovered AlohaJoe, another independent broadcaster. His station is one of the most popular in the Warp Radio network.

I hear you. I'm just a small fish in a huge pond trying to get people to enjoy the music that I have a passion for. I figure what better place to start sharing the news than in here. Mahalo Pzarquon!

Comment

Since the last post made to this topic was more than a year ago, is anyone still listening to radio streams?

Right now I am listening to some kind of Gaelic/Celtic Christmas music on Maui's Mana'o Radio. It's also some kind of local talk show. Mana'o Radio have a nice iTunes friendly MP3 stream. The station plays a variety of eclectic music. Depending on when you listen they could be playing new age, blues, jazz or rock.

Here is Mana'o radio's website link: http://www.manaoradio.com/
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                X