Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbulletin.com 10th Anniversary!

'Scuse, eh? Small-kine toot my own horn:

Tomorrow, March 18, 2006, marks the 10th anniversary of Starbulletin.com.

The first edition was posted on March 18, 1996, and may still be viewed online as originally published way back when in the dark early days of Internet newspapering: http://starbulletin.com/1996/03/18/

You could also skip the "welcome" message and go directly to the news section: http://starbulletin.com/1996/03/18/news/

Happy Birthday to Starbulletin.com.

Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Re: Starbulletin.com 10th Anniversary!

Happy 10th Anniversary Starbulletin.com!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

There'll be a story on the 10th anniversary of SB Online in the Sunday SB.

It happens to be my byline, because the story was assigned to me, but seriously, I'd also be giving y'all this heads-up if I knew a colleague was working on the story.

... and I don't care what he says, Blaine is NOT the "weakeshlink."
      I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

When we were trying to find a buyer for the Star-Bulletin, the only thing many potential buyers were interested in was starbulletin.com! Gives you a clue how well-regarded it is....

Now get to work on the second decade, Blaine!
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941

Now get to work on the second decade, Blaine!
          Yeah Blaine, like he said!!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            Yeah Blaine, like he said!!
            Shhhhhhhh...Blaine's sleeping...zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Comment

Hiya folks,

Erika Engle's story about the 10th anniv. of Starbulletin.com is now online.

We're also having a photo contest and conducting a user survey with chances to win Starbulletin.com t-shirts.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/19/b...s/story04.html

I haven't seen the shirt design, yet, though.

Aloha,

Blaine

Comment

Wow! Great Write up Webmasta!

btw: Can "Puppy Love" be submitted? LOL
                I gotta go look foa two moa.
                I like one t-shirt!!!! hahahahahaha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                  We're also having a photo contest and conducting a user survey with chances to win Starbulletin.com t-shirts.
                  I just took the survey but am NOT turning it in. Why? I don't like surveys that require more personal demographic information than necessary, like whether or not we own our homes and what our income levels are. Those I feel are none of your business. I tried leaving that blank but the survey refuses to be processed.

Also I am always suspect of surveys since they ask for phone numbers and email... that usually opens us to spam and telemarketing attacks.

I did have 27 comments to submit. Perhaps I'll just send them straight to you Blaine at webmaster@starbulletin.com address, which does show up in the "error" page that manifested itself after I tried to send in the survey.

Or perhaps I should just post all 27 comments here and on "the other board".
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I remember a survey in the early days of the Internet -- who was watching "X-Files." Responses flooded in. The "average" X-Files fan was 35, white, college-educated, male, unmarried, overweight, worked in the computer or defense industry .... oops, someone realized this was the average Internet user in the early '90s, not the average X-Files fan.
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Maika`i, bruddah Blaine! Congratulations on the anniversary. May you stick around for the next ten!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I liked "The X Files," one of my all time favorite scifi TV shows. What has this got to do with the current survey, or does this imply there is a conspiracy behind the survey to get more of our personal information?
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          I liked "The X Files," one of my all time favorite scifi TV shows. What has this got to do with the current survey, or does this imply there is a conspiracy behind the survey to get more of our personal information?
                          Somebodys watching everything we do Mel. Everything we do.

ROFLMAO

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I guess we can consider Orwell a prophet.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                              I just took the survey but am NOT turning it in. Why? I don't like surveys that require more personal demographic information than necessary, like whether or not we own our homes and what our income levels are. Those I feel are none of your business. I tried leaving that blank but the survey refuses to be processed.

Also I am always suspect of surveys since they ask for phone numbers and email... that usually opens us to spam and telemarketing attacks.

I did have 27 comments to submit. Perhaps I'll just send them straight to you Blaine at webmaster@starbulletin.com address, which does show up in the "error" page that manifested itself after I tried to send in the survey.

Or perhaps I should just post all 27 comments here and on "the other board".
                              You can send your comments to me at webmaster@starbulletin.com, bfergerstrom@starbulletin.com or my personal address, which can be had through my profile at this board or the other board. I will make sure that they get to the people who need to see them.

We're doing a demographic survey to get a better picture of who the typical starbulletin.com user is. If you want to win a tshirt, you gotta fill in the survey. It's nearly identical to a survey we did in 1997 on starbulletin.com. We want to compare the results.

Or you could enter the photo contest. The survey isn't necessary for the photo contest entry. You'll actually have a much better chance of winning a shirt by entering the photo contest.

I haven't seen the shirts. I'm not judging the contest. I'm just catching the flak.

And...mahalo nui, all, for the well-wishes.

Blaine
                              Last edited by zztype; March 19, 2006, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X