• Show
Clear All

• Highsurfwarning.com

I was wondering if anyone has looked at the new www.highsurfwarning.com
    site? I'm always looking for feedback.

Mahalo,

Jamie

Re: Highsurfwarning.com

slow load. harsh contrasty visuals. lotta blank white boxes. hurt da eyes. otherwise, I luvvit!

Comment

People with dialup should avoid at all costs. Need a text only or graphics lite option.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

what is

dialup

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          slow load. harsh contrasty visuals. lotta blank white boxes. hurt da eyes. otherwise, I luvvit!
          I hafta agree with you, Kimo, 'cept I didn't get a lotta white boxes. It was definitely circuit overload for my brain but that's not necessarily a negative! So I, too, love it and will look forward to winter surf in Makaha with HSW up and running while I'm physically watching the surf. I think Jamie will definitely survive this week and make it thru to the next round. Oh wait...wrong show!

Comment

40 seconds to load the home page. Nope. Too slow, won't be back.
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

40 seconds?! zz, you lucky bahs stud.

Comment

good sight...lots of info....a collection of all weather & surf info...loose all the poster graphics and just go with logo graphics only...what about the stoned fish in the background?
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Good information, but way to condensed.
                  It reminds me of a "tripod" or "geocities" sites from one of the free website builders from the 90's.
                  It might be good to change the background to a netural color, and move the advertisers to one side?

Just my .02

Comment

I've got DSL and it took aver 60 seconds to load and froze the screen. Waaaaay
                    too much everything. I won't be back,either. Sorry Jamie

Comment

Too much info all at once. Loads up pretty fast assuming you have a 45-mbit feed, but would be nice to have more interactive menus and stuff. Brain cannot handle that much information all at once. Plus, if I am on dial-up, this site would be completely unusable due to the intense graphics used on this page.

Comment

Local weather guru reported missing
                        Reknown weatherman and surf forecaster George Mason has been reported missing this week, after family and friends say they hadn't heard from him in two months. "No signs of foul play were found, and for awhile, it seemed to be a simple case of George moving on," said colleague Jamie DeMatoff. "However, friends and family members have not heard from him since then, and the manner of his disappearance has become more suspicious." Mason cofounded HighSurfWarning.com with DeMatoff, a local DJ, to provide live updates on surf conditions around Hawaii. Mason had also maintained his own weather blog. But DeMatoff notes that Mason hadn't filed a surf report or posted a blog entry since early November, and that Mason's landlord discovered "several boxes labeled with cryptic messages" in his Round Top Drive home.

Comment

Sad updated posted by HighSurfWarning.com soon after the above alert was issued:
                          On November 22nd, a body was found at Tantalus near the radio towers. As a result of the missing persons report, that body has now been positively identified as that of George Mason. Detectives are now investigating the cause of death, but they do not suspect foul play. The highsurfwarning family offers it's condolences to friends and family. More information will be posted here as the investigation continues.

Comment

Damn. Sad, sad news.
                            Thanks for the 'heads up', Ryan...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X