X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weakly Flogging Volume 2

Originally posted by LikaNui
    And heck, let's throw in one more question that I believe has never been answered: is Ragnar Carlson any relation to publisher Laurie Carlson?
    I clarified several months ago that I am no relation to Laurie Carlson.

Thanks for your interest!

Comment

Originally posted by RJC
      I clarified several months ago that I am no relation to Laurie Carlson. Thanks for your interest!
      You're welcome, and thanks for the answer.
      Now, about them recruiting to hire someone for your News Editor position... ?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        Keep the questions going, LikaNui. For the media to earn respect, they must be as transparent as they expect the subjects they report on to be. I believe RJC has moved into the "stonewalling" phase now. When the folks at the Weekly begin to question your patriotism, you'll know you've really struck a nerve.
        Well, RJC was on HT again at 2:25 but didn't answer, and both WeaklyEd and WeeklyNews were on at 3:10 but also didn't answer. So three Weakly staffers are sure lurking... just to give me 'red chiclet' reputation points, apparently.
        (shrug)

And yes, I absolutely agree with your comment "For the media to earn respect, they must be as transparent as they expect the subjects they report on to be." That is the point of all these posts.

Comment

Well, RJC was on HT again at 2:25 but didn't answer, and both WeaklyEd and WeeklyNews were on at 3:10 but also didn't answer. So three Weakly staffers are sure lurking... just to give me 'red chiclet' reputation points, apparently.
          (shrug)
          RJC currently has a red square and both WeaklyEd and WeeklyNews have less than 10 post each, there is no way for the three of them to give you red squared negative reputation point(s). At best they can give you is a gray square which is worth a zero reputation point.
          Last edited by helen; December 1, 2005, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Now, about them recruiting to hire someone for your News Editor position... ?
            Well, RJC and the other Weakly posters here on HT never answered that, but Ian Lind wrote this in his blog today:

Honolulu Weekly news editor Ragnar Carlson has announced his departure from the paper and the state.
            "I’ll be leaving the Weekly in a couple of weeks to take my chances on the Mainland. I’ve enjoyed my time at the paper very much, and though I am very excited about what’s to come for me, it’s with a great deal of sadness that I leave the Weekly at this moment. This is a fascinating and critical time in Hawai’i, and I regret that I won’t be here to cover it. It’s also an exciting time at Honolulu Weekly, as a new editor comes on board and a number of other changes begin to take shape."

And the Weakly's infamous revolving door continues to, well, revolve.

Comment

And the Weakly's infamous revolving door continues to, well, revolve.
              Is there a reason why you always refering it as the "Weakly" as opposed to the "Weekly" or the "Honolulu Weekly"?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                Is there a reason why you always refering it as the "Weakly" as opposed to the "Weekly" or the "Honolulu Weekly"?
                I believe it's called "a joke," like when Molly Ivans referrs to President Bush as "Shrub."

Comment

Well, RJC was on HT again at 2:25 but didn't answer
                  He's still checking in from time to time. Nice to know he misses us.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                    He's still checking in from time to time. Nice to know he misses us.
                    Nothing on his blog, though.
                    Whatever.
                    Interesting to note that in the Weakly's ad for his replacement as News Editor they only ask for the candidate to have 1 to 2 years of experience. That's setting the bar pretty darned... low.

Comment

Working...
                    X