This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honolulu Weakly items

I think Honolulu needs another alternative paper.

Comment

"The revolving door at the Weakly ..."

Well, you'd have to be awfully naive to expect a weekly, distributed-for-free, "alternative" newspaper to provide long-term job security.

I wish they'd push whoever is in charge of the "Movie Clock" out that door, because it has been useless for weeks, now. Get someone in who knows how to make useful contact with Consolidated Theatres.

Comment

People who write for those kinds of wages are just fools who want attention. They should just get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
          People who write for those kinds of wages are just fools who want attention. They should just get a life.
          Well bird cages need to be lined at least once a week right?

Honolulu Weakly helps that cause at least. I've also swatted a roach or two with the paper folded up. Who needs Raid when I can grab a Weakly and have it done for me!

Makiki Boy

Comment

My gosh! I never realized I was good, "but not that good." Well, I'm glad that's your assessment, cause alternative newspapers were never really my thing, anyway. I'm not that cheeringly liberal.

Those of you who are obsessed with the downfall of the Weakly should find a more meaningful hobby. The Weakly will always have problems. But remember it's one of the only truly independently owned newspapers in the country. be thankful Honolulu even has something like it.

All of us who've worked there have known its limits and we all remain good friends, Chad, Curt, Lesa, John WW, Stu, Julia, Bob Green, Robb, Aarin, etc. It's a thankless job.

All y'all should give Lesa support. Stop hatin'.

Comment

>> Those of you who are obsessed with the downfall of the Weakly should find a more meaningful hobby. <<

Remember, this is the Hawaii Media message board. None of us are "obsessed" with the Weakly; we're equal opportunity critics who also point out the good and bad of all the print and broadcast media in Hawaii nei. The Weakly gets far less attention here than other media do.

>> All y'all should give Lesa support. Stop hatin'. <<

Can't remember a single hate-post aimed at Lesa. Quite the opposite. We all wished her good luck when she assumed the position.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Heard through the grapevine that the Weekly had problems with their presses delaying this weeks edition!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  Heard through the grapevine that the Weekly had problems with their presses delaying this weeks edition!
                  My god, that's shocking news! Stop the pres... ...Hey, waitaminit...

Comment

Happened last week also and they posted the information right up front on their Web site. This week, after nothing appeared anywhere on the UH Manoa campus on Wednesday, I tried to get thru by 'phone - punch in the extension for "distribution" and you get a message about "press problems."

Comment

I dunno... they're running ads looking to hire delivery drivers.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                        I dunno... they're running ads looking to hire delivery drivers.
                        Do the ads say "must have own printing press"?

Comment

From the Weekly's Web site today/Wednesday:

Due to technical difficulties the paper is being printed late this week...sorry for any inconvenience

Comment

This thread is being closed out. The topics parallel the newer "What's Up With the Weakly" thread that is available at this link. Discussion can continue there.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                            X