RIP, Bob Krauss, Advertiser Columnist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha oe, Bob Krauss

Aloha oe, Bob Krauss.... You will surely be missed! I love reading your articles in the Honolulu Advertiser. Me ke aloha pumehana
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Re: RIP, Bob Krauss, Advertiser Columnist

Oddly, over the weekend, I was working on a tiny head sculpture for a figure I was doing (the head is about the size of your thumbnail) and it came out looking something like Bob "Angry Historian" Krauss:

Last edited by buzz1941; September 12, 2006, 04:31 PM.
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941
        Oddly, over the weekend, I was working on a tiny head sculpture for a figure I was doing (the head is about the size of your thumbnail) and it came out looking something like Bob "Angry Historian" Krauss:

Wow! That's incredible, buzz! Yeah, the 'Beloved Columnist' of 'Our Honolulu' could be a crochety old dude who enjoyed being a salty dog at times. That's just as much fun to remember as anything else about him!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

sad

Very, very sorry to hear about Bob Krauss. I'd read his last column and was silently rooting for him to make it. Auwe.

Comment

I remember his columns well. RIP Bob Krauss.

Comment

Bob's memorial services will be held this coming Sunday beginning at 4 p.m. on the Falls of Clyde, the ship he loved so much. Although seating onboard will be reserved for his family and close friends, the Hawai'i Maritime Society will have Pier 7 open to the public, and loudspeakers will broadcast the services. Some of Bob's ashes will then be taken aboard the other ship that he loved, Hokule'a, and taken out to sea. Some of his ashes will also be permanently kept on board the Falls of Clyde, while the rest of his remains will be buried at his home on the Big Island.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X