Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 64 minutes of Granny Goose from '73

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. When you said a "studio aircheck not over the air," it sounded like you were talking about some unbroadcast program.
    The term aircheck has been used interchangably. When a radio station asked for an aircheck I gave them everything from newscasts to spots to anything that went over the air. Obviously the sound of a spot sounds better when it was copied from the studio copy as opposed to over the air feed, so you'll record the spot directly off the DDR or from the original 1/4" reel.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleP View Post
      I love the playlist!

Now for the big question....what's on the radio today that people will think is worth paying to hear 36 years from now?
      For the sports fans, I have the radio broadcast by the late Chuck Leahey doing the play-by-play of the infamous UH-Florida State "forfeit" game of 12/18/1971. That's the "Fabulous Five" team coached by the late "Red" Rocha.

Also, the follow-up game played four days later. UH won that one, too.

Comment

I have cassette tapes of Kanoa Leahey broadcasting the ILH Girls basketball games BEFORE he officially became a sportscaster.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          I have cassette tapes of Kanoa Leahey broadcasting the ILH Girls basketball games BEFORE he officially became a sportscaster.
          Did he broadcast while he was in high school too?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Did he broadcast while he was in high school too?
            He was a senior at Iolani when I hired him to do play by play of the ILH Girls Basketball games. He was out with a knee injury.

So to answer your question, yes he was in high school when he broadcast the games.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              He was a senior at Iolani when I hired him to do play by play of the ILH Girls Basketball games.
              That would be a kick to broadcast a game with your classmates playing. I would bring up inside information and do some crazed fan coaching during the broadcast. I might say, "Come on, get your head in the game and stop thinking of (his schoolgirl crush) of a classmate. When he's too slow on defense, I could mention that he's eating too much of his favorite cafeteria food.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                That would be a kick to broadcast a game with your classmates playing. I would bring up inside information and do some crazed fan coaching during the broadcast. I might say, "Come on, get your head in the game and stop thinking of (his schoolgirl crush) of a classmate. When he's too slow on defense, I could mention that he's eating too much of his favorite cafeteria food.
                Kanoa definately had the edge with player bio's however even at age 17 he was very professional in his delivery. I had to keep reminding myself that he was still a teenager.

Comment

Working...
                X