Debra West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debra West

Debra,formerly of KKLV and KSSK-FM,passed away last week of cancer. She is survived by mother and two sons. More if it becomes available from Curt Williams

Re: Debra West

Wow what cancer did she die from? We used to work together back in the old Henry Broadcasting days when she was with 98-Rock, then CC.

Oh that's too bad
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I only knew her briefly, when she worked at Double-K Country (under Caribou? New Wave? I can't remember).

She was very sweet and friendly and I'm so very sorry to hear her boys will grow up without her.
      I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
        I only knew her briefly, when she worked at Double-K Country (under Caribou? New Wave? I can't remember).

She was very sweet and friendly and I'm so very sorry to hear her boys will grow up without her.
        She and her kids were very close. She had some breast surgery (reduction) and she never seemed to have gotten better after it.

Comment

...I only know that she had been ill for a couple of years and was unable to shake it.

It's a strange thing to know someone like Deb and then to know she's gone... we worked at the same company on a couple of occasions yet we didn't work on the same station.

I came over to the midday when she left and she called several times when I was finding my footing here on KSSK-FM to encourage and champion me.

On a personal note: Deb was a good mom and really loved her two boys. If there was a way for her to make everyone happy, she would make the attempt, she would try. The return to Hawaii was a tough decision and even her final departure was filled with some dreams unfulfilled...as it is when you get a taste of paradise and have to leave it again.

She was very cool and kind with me; often, we'd talk about radio in the way that jocks do...comparing notes and laughing at the tales from our previous employs. When she'd be in the zone, she was a generous person...independent...real.

Comment

I believe it was stomach cancer. She had been ill for a couple years

Comment

I'm not sure but I think she had a sister that lived in the Navy housing off Nimitz Highway.

Comment

Hey I saw this post and felt compelled to respond. Debra was a good friend of mine and she is surely going to be missed. Met her when she came to work for KSSK.

Anyway, she had been dealing with cancer for several years. It started as cancer of the esophagus. She went through treatments and was cleared of cancer then about 6 to 8 months later it was back but this time it had spread into the lympth nods and to the brain.

I spoke to Debra about 4 months ago for the last time and she was getting ready to go through another set of treatments for the brain. Everytime I spoke to her she was always in good spirits and so strong. I just can't believe she is gone.

She will be missed.....

Comment

I just wanted to offer my sympathy to the family of Debra. I remember her in the halls of CC back when I was just getting my start. I was only 15 years old, and she always looked out for me, and was willing to offer any insight she had about radio.

I'm at KLUC in Las Vegas now, and I was catching up with a friend over the phone last week and heard the news............very sad to lose someone so kind.

-JJ-

Comment

She was a great human being. I hope her sons are doing ok. She was indeed very very close to them.

She was good fun. I will miss her!

Comment

Working...
                    X