Ktuh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ktuh

Miss the old programming of KTUH back in da hippie days; had a show called "froggy and the phantom leopard".
    wild and wacky!
    wish i had a tape of that stuff.

Re: Ktuh

"Young American" was my favorite KTUH dj--always played some great music.

Comment

How about back in the early 70's when KTUH played the King Biscuit Flower Hour, The Doctor Demento Show, and just totally flipped out programming with...the Seekers and all the UFO stuff that went along with it. One night one DJ did an entire record by playing it backwards to hear the devil's message. "The Music is reversable...Turn back, turn back, turn back" From ELO's Face the Music Album. Geez you had to totally whacked out on drugs to listen to KTUH after dark around Midnight.

Is KTUH still upstairs above Hemmingway Hall?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thanks for the excellent post on KTUH-FM. I served as
        program director for the old Hawaii Hall studio/station back in 1967-68 when KTUH was carrier current to the dorms at 1550 Khz. I returned from the Air Force in 1972 and was PD from 1972-1975--still in old Hawaii Hall. The antenna
        was on the roof, powered by a 10 watt Gates FM exciter.
        Those were the days. One of the more creative shows was
        hosted by Dave Dugle...I think it was called "midnight mad-ness". I'm working in Big Island radio..nice gig, but not as much fun as the KTUH days. It was crazy, but we had fun....thanks for refreshing the ole brain cells.
        Aloha, Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Roberts
          Thanks for the excellent post on KTUH-FM. Those were the days. One of the more creative shows was
          hosted by Dave Dugle..
          ah yes. Shot pics for sunbums a little back in the day and remember ...
          ... spring 1974
          SUNBUMS - "THE PROCTOR AND BERGMAN INTERVIEW OR A CONVERSATION WITH HALF OF THE WITS OF THE FIRESIGN THEATRE" BY DAVE DUGLE
          Proctor and Bergman were profiled and interviewed for this weekly free hippie publication in Hawaii.

Comment

If you're an alumni of KTUH you should contact the alumni director at alumni@ktuh.org.

Comment

And if you know anything about Sunbums (since it was mentioned), don't forget there's an open wiki where you can contribute to an evolving entry about the publication.

Comment

Still at hemmingway hall.

>>>If you're an alumni of KTUH you should contact the alumni director at alumni@ktuh.org

I did a show there back in the early/mid-90s, and I do their alumni show every so often. And when they're really pressed for subs for regualr shows, I dive in there, too. It's good fun, but I still long for the days of 8-track PSA carts. The computer in there makes me nervous...

Comment

Working...
                X