Howard's Day Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard's Day Off

I've really been enjoying Howard Dikus's early morning eclectic classical music show on Satuday mornings. In fact I have been taping it, and listening to it later when I walk. For the most part it's great stuff. He's had a few dull moments when he pulls out obscure music from the past that's rightfully fallen from public popularity. I say bring out the exciting and interesting, and leave the boring on the shelf. We like to learn about new stuff, but don't exactly need a complete lecture on comparative music history.
    Last edited by Joe_Linux; January 7, 2008, 10:57 AM.

Re: Howard's Day Off

Originally posted by Joe_Linux View Post
    I've really been enjoying Howard Dikus's early morning eclectic classical music show on Satuday mornings. In fact I have been taping it, and listening to it later when I walk. For the most part it's great stuff. He's had a few dull moments when he pulls out obscure music from the past that's rightfully fallen from public popularity. I say bring out the exciting and interesting, and leave the boring on the shelf. We like to learn about new stuff, but don't exactly need a complete lecture on comparative music history.

Sorry that should be Howard Dicus

Comment

Re: Howard's Day Off

Today was a great show, but unfortunately I missed about 20 minutes of the 2nd hour in my recording process. I use a Sangean Pocket Radio to tune in the station and it automatically shuts off every 60 minutes. I fell asleep during the 1st hour and didn't get the radio reset as I usually do during the 6:00 AM news. Nevertheless, I was able to salvage an acceptable show with the Audacity sound editor. I wish Howard's show was available as a downloadable audiocast as I hate to miss out on the "authentic juices" from his personal record collection.

Comment

Working...
      X