Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, what's up with KHVH?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    The only thing buoying KHVH now is the night time show.

Just how low does the rating for the day stuff have to fall before they bail on their decreasing niche?
    It's obvious their oblivious-to-reality hyper-conservative act has grown quite stale with the State's/Nation's woes increasing.
    Get over it already. KHVH and KHBZ are both owned by Clear Channel, who are also own Premiere Radio Networks, the syndication rights holder of Rush, Dr. Laura, Coast to Coast and Glenn Beck.
    KIPO now has a island wide signal, so quit the beeching and don't listen to KHVH and KHBZ if they suck so much.

Comment

I don't listen, except for nighttimes, so don't read my post's if you can't handle my thots.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Half the time it's cool, with www.coasttocoastam.com all night, but...

...the morning's and day's are nothing but these 3 bazoobs talking stink about so-called liberals/the left and having an obvious conservative slant, putting a negative/republican spin on so many topics that to me is out of touch with reality and especially the much changing political climate.
        Does anybody buy into what Hamada, Buck, and Bolin spew so often? I find their style of biased talk and commercials offensive.
        How do they rate a show that is all day/every day and so one-sided? Are all Clear Channel talk programs like this?
        They try to mask it in various way's to fool the casual listener, but it always ends up the same.

I'm glad I'm busy when they are on.
        Ron Whitfield
        The only thing buoying KHVH now is the night time show.

Just how low does the rating for the day stuff have to fall before they bail on their decreasing niche?
        It's obvious their oblivious-to-reality hyper-conservative act has grown quite stale with the State's/Nation's woes increasing.

Ron Whitfield
        Erika's SB column 'The Buzz' today, has the local radio show Arbitron ratings, showing that "oddly in an election year, conservatively-oriented news/talk KHVH-AM 830 has fallen out of the top 10 morning shows since last summer".

I havn't been listening, but something tells me that the BS day crew there have been slagging Obama/Dems, while touting McPalin, and more people are sick of it.

I highly doubt any drop has come at night during the Coast To Coast broadcast.
        Maybe now, the owner's will change the format and get rid of these dirty clowns.

Ron Whitfield
        I say it's a severe lack of worthwhile competition that allows KHVH to prosper, and that the all night airing of Coast To Coast is also a cash cow for them.
        I'd like to know the drop-off of listener % they suffered when Al Franken was on air during our mornings. The rest of Air-America was junk, but AF was good radio. Had there been a few more worthwhile choices like that throughout the day and had AF remained on air I'd bet KHVH would have eventually/grudgingly adjusted substantially in their day time schedualings.
        There's simply pitifully little else to listen to, so they get big ratings from those who want their daily dose of assurance that their republican views are correct and those who can't do without radio entertainment, no matter how much they don't like it, but also find the alternative choices worse. I'd rather listen to crickets than liars like
        Hamada/Rush/Hannity/Buck/Bowlen, or much else that Honolulu has to offer.
        That $ = good, period, doesn't fly in my book. I realize that's the world we live in, but it doesn't make it the best we can do, by far.
        KHVH has indeed failed, miserably in fact, towards actually benefitting the community they are obliged to serve. They do the most bottom line possible per legality in those repects, but highly strive to promote an injurious conservative agenda, which to me is a major lack of responsibilty (to say the least), which = not good.
        Hard to ignore when your takes are all the same, have a fresh take....like I said get over it.

Comment

Just as soon as KHVH brings forth a fresh tune, or Nov. 4th, whichever comes first.

Comment

I don't listen, except for nighttimes, so don't read my post's if you can't handle my thots.
            If you don't listen, then how can you criticize the station? It's clear that you are talk show host wannabe and/or radio reject that longs for the days of turning a microphone on.

Comment

Let me guess, Joe..., you're voting for McPalin, right?

I hear enuf of what these clowns do while dealing with my few radio enjoyments to keep tabs on their tired shinanigans. It ain't hard.

BTW, I coulda been on radio, ...no desire.

Comment

Even though I don't listen to this station, I would try if Ron Whitfield was a guest debating their talk show hosts.
                WE DO IT LIVE!
                WE DO IT LIVE!

Comment

I wish the gutless would have serious debating on the air, but even when Hanabusa(?) get's on with Hamada, she know's not to get too hot with him on the matters if she want's to be back.

No matter, in a few day's it'll be like they never existed.
                  Come on and sing! Everything is beautiful... lalalala

Comment

I wish the gutless would have serious debating on the air, but even when Hanabusa(?) get's on with Hamada, she know's not to get too hot with him on the matters if she want's to be back.
                    So you saying that Hanabusa is sucking up to Hamada? Hmmmmmm.

Even if it true that Rick is so vindictive that he would blacklist people, there's always Mike Buck's show in the afternoon. And Mike is not the petty type who would blackball folks for merely disagreeing with him on the air.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

No matter, in a few day's it'll be like they never existed.
                      Come on and sing! Everything is beautiful... lalalala

It's clear you don't even listen, so don't pretend that you do. Maybe you should call in so you can be humbled.

Comment

Joe, try reading and understanding what I wrote before you pop off.
                        I never said I listen purposfully.
                        Call in? Please, if you listen regularly, then you know how that's controlled.
                        Give it up.

FM, nor did I say Hanabusa sucks up to anyone.

8 day's to go!

Comment

FM, nor did I say Hanabusa sucks up to anyone.
                          Well, what exactly did you mean when you said, "when Hanabusa(?) get's on with Hamada, she know's not to get too hot with him on the matters if she want's to be back."
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

She play's it safe/within the parameters, instead of forcefully countering him when he dishes out obvious BS, usually much less than she could.

That's far from sucking up, but getting to close non-the-less for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Even if it true that Rick is so vindictive that he would blacklist people, there's always Mike Buck's show in the afternoon. And Mike is not the petty type who would blackball folks for merely disagreeing with him on the air.
                              I would listen to Dick Hamada when he was a liberal and had a stripper from Femme Nu as a sidekick. I liked him then.

Comment

Call in? Please, if you listen regularly, then you know how that's controlled.Give it up.
                                I bet over the years I've called more than a dozen time. If I manage to get through the buzzy signal, then each and every time I've been put online. Regardless of whether or not my opinion agree with Rick's. EVERY TIME I've made it online, never once was I screen out.
                                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X