Seeking update on radio stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking update on radio stations

I noticed that Salem is retiring the call signs KPOI and renaming 97.5 KHNR-FM. Has there been any change at the station yet? Has KRUD-1130 started operations yet? Has 1170 moved to 1180 yet? Is 1370 still off the air? Thanks

Re: Seeking update on radio stations

Just did a quick check.... KPOI still rock as of right now....

KRUD still silent, KJPN still at 1170 and simulcasting KAIM FM, and 1370 AM still off the air.

Could 97.5 be going talk? They're certainly not going to adult standards so don't ask Ivan.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Where'd you read or hear about the call sign change (KPOI to KHNR)? The last I've heard is this article and this earlier thread. If they're indeed dropping KPOI and taking on KHNR (presumably as a counterpart to their KHNR-AM), that's probably a hint as to their format -- and not a good omen for those hoping the station would stick with modern rock.

Looking at the other FM stations in Salem's network, the most adventurous format we can hope for is "safe for the family." Otherwise, it'll probably be another "The Fish" branding with Christian music, or conservative talk. Yike.

Comment

Here is a link to the PDF file at the FCC.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

After being on this board for quite some time, I notice that most of the people here are liberal... there is nothing wrong with conservative radio, though I would definitely mourn the passing of the KPOI call letters and a rock format of some type associated with the calls and frequency.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

If Salem is going to completely ditch KPOI, it would be great if another firm in Hawaii picks up those calls. Those call letters need to stay in Hawaii. Cox? Clear Channel? Visionary? Pacific? Anyone?
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

No KPOI?... Ouch!

Das what you call-- one major Bummer!

Comment

I was informed late last night that the KPOI call letters will be retained by one of the local ownership groups. It is a good thing that these legacy calls will not leave Hawaii.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                X