Perry & Price on 9/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry & Price on 9/9

HT will be represented at this Saturday's Perry & Price show broadcast from John Dominis on KSSK. Martha Sigall, animation historian extrordinaire, and mother of HT's Creative-1, will be an on air guest. At the ripe, young age of 88, Martha's book was published last year.

I'll be in the audience as a guest of the Sigalls as Martha, my dad and my aunt worked together during the late 1930s to early 1940s at Leon Schlesingers (Looney Tunes). Saturday will be the first time Martha and I meet in person. To say I'm thrilled would be the grossest of understatements!

Tune in if you have a chance and listen to this very interesting lady.

Re: Perry & Price on 9/9

What time is the broadcast?

Comment

Cool, Tutusue! Helen, according to this page on the KSSK site, the broadcast is from 8 to 11 a.m. Here's the John Dominis page on the "Perry & Price" show with a few more details.

Comment

Right on Tutusue! I'll be listening in and I'll let my Ohana & friends know about it too! http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=784

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; September 8, 2006, 09:15 AM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Martha is scheduled between 9-9:30a. Can't wait! Even my mom didn't know my dad when he was the age when Martha knew him!

Martha sent me a video of Schlesinger 'home movies', shot during the late 1930s. The staff; animators, writers, ink and paint gals...on camera. Hysterical! She's archived most everything from those early days.

Comment

I listened to the show this morning. Got to hear Martha speak about her book and the times she worked as a painter.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
              I listened to the show this morning. Got to hear Martha speak about her book and the times she worked as a painter.
              Creative-1 was also on air with her and got to mention his book, "The Companies We Keep"! Martha was also kind enough to mention my dad. That was a surprise. I got to video the interview!

And whatta joy it was to meet her and her husband. As I got in my car and she drove away in Bob's car we were still talking and throwing kisses!

Comment

P.S. Forgot to mention that this was the first time I attended the Perry and Price Saturday brunch show. What a great morning of entertainment, food and...that VIEW! I've only been there at night! There was a decent south swell so lotsa surfers and body boarders right outside the John Dominis windows. I'll definitely add this weekly event to my 'to do' list when entertaining out of towners!

Comment

Working...
                X