Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clear Channel May Sell Some Radio Stations

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
    OK, on topic...I hope your Clear Channel stations,if sold, go into good hands that will provide you with some really good LOCAL programming, catering to YOUR LOCAL specific needs, not another soulless radio conglomerate like Clear Channel...honestly.

Otherwise, enjoy your super limited Clear Channel programming.
    My apologies for sounding like an advertisement.

I used to work for CC here in Hawaii and every station played local programming along with a mix of national feeds and song titles. Remember although the parent company is a conglomerate, it is manned by local talent.

I think CC Hawaii presents a more local sound than Satellite broadcasts that really don't accomodate any local events or happenings at all. The fact the KSSK is the number 1 radio station pretty much says it all as to what listeners prefer to listen to amongst the foray of other "local" morning or anyday drive time shows across the AM and FM dial here in Hawaii.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I hear local tracks being played on KSSK whenever I listen to them. They mix em in with the mainstream adult contemporary ones. I don't think they do that with Clear Channel stations on the mainland. Over on the talk radio side, KHVH's Rick Hamada and Mike Buck are totally local content and they even play music once in a while, often local tracks.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The latest with the Clear Channel merger.

Clear Channel Deal Rolling Forward

Separately, Clear Channel also announced plans last month to sell 448 stations in markets No. 100 and below as well as its 42-station television group, but that decision does not affect the Honolulu stations, Cotton said. Honolulu is the No. 64 radio market.
        It will be business as usual for Hawaii's Clear Channel stations.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
          It will be business as usual for Hawaii's Clear Channel stations.
          Hm. That's exactly what I said almost a month ago.

Comment

This past weekend, on hot939 I heard a commercial play about the recent buyout. The commercial stated the names of the people in the other party, and it was so long (the commercial was about 3-4 minutes) that I thought it was a joke.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
            X