Arbitron Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbitron Ratings

We got an interesting piece of mail today. It was an invitation to take part
    in the Arbitron Ratings survey. Since the included a freshly crisp $1.00
    bill I decided to take the plunge. Even though I don't listen to the radio.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Arbitron Ratings

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
    I decided to take the plunge. Even though I don't listen to the radio.
    Good for you, Aaron; non-listening is a part of the equation as well. Just remember to be as honest and accurate as you can be - if you have a radio on in a car on the way to work, or riding in a carpool or with friends for just a quarter-hour, write that down.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Good for you, Aaron; non-listening is a part of the equation as well. Just remember to be as honest and accurate as you can be - if you have a radio on in a car on the way to work, or riding in a carpool or with friends for just a quarter-hour, write that down.
      Well I mostly listen to CDs whenever I'm driving. I hardly ever listen to the radio. The sad thing was the day of the earthquake I was fiddling around with my radio trying to figure out how to work the radio. As I had been using
      it to listen to CDs only.
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
        We got an interesting piece of mail today. It was an invitation to take part
        in the Arbitron Ratings survey. Since the included a freshly crisp $1.00
        bill I decided to take the plunge. Even though I don't listen to the radio.
        So, its a random thing on how they choose people? You can't sign up?
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
          So, its a random thing on how they choose people? You can't sign up?
          That is correct, Adrian - AND if you have a connection to the broadcast industry, you are supposed to recuse yourself and not participate. Imagine if it was done on a voluntary, "sign-up" basis --- you'd have radio stations falling all over themselves to hire people to fill out the surveys, which would skew them completely out of whack.

Comment

When I filled out the additional information on their website, they had a link that explained how I we were selected. Unfortunately the link didn't work. So my question is, how were we selected ?
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Did you see the "email them and ask questions link?"

radioquestions@arbitron.com

They should be able to tell you the methodology behind the way they select randomly.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                Did you see the "email them and ask questions link?"

radioquestions@arbitron.com

They should be able to tell you the methodology behind the way they select randomly.
                Mahalo, I didn't see that e-mail address
                The Kona Blog

Comment

If you have a friend in the business does that disqualify you?
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    If you have a friend in the business does that disqualify you?
                    No. There is a certain level of trust, in that they hope you won't abuse the sampling by only voting for your friend's stations. And even if you (or someone else) do/does, there's always a certain amount of statistical error to take into account, which will absorb the occasional misuse of a diary.

Comment

Working...
                    X