A sensible format for KRTR AM 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sensible format for KRTR AM 650

Now that KHUI FM 99.5 has switched to Adult Standards, I think it would make sense for KRTR AM 650 to drop Easy Listening, for who is going to tune to AM 650 anymore for their easy listening favorites? A more sensible format for KRTR AM 650 would be All News. No talk shows and no sports games, just pure news 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When I need news, I need it now. I don't want to have to wade through music just to hear news as I do when listening to KSSK AM 590. After the recent earthquake and power outage, Hawaii needs an All News station now more than ever. I think KRTR AM 650 is an excellent candidate for All News. Why waste a 10,000-watt AM station on music when you could be featuring something more important like All News. If KRTR AM 650 switches to All News, we will have a radio station that we can depend on when we need news, especially local news. We can't afford to be left in the dark when it comes to earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, power outages, and traffic gridlock. So, an All News station is definitely in order, and KRTR AM 650 ought to consider switching to All News.

Re: A sensible format for KRTR AM 650

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Comment

No Ivan, Actually I think AM 690 Should be all news and Make KHUI a Country station instead LOL. No be ungrateful. Lucky your choice of music ended up on FM. Us country music lovers had to settle for AM. I am not complaining though as at least now we got a lot better signal to enjoy all over the Island and then some. Way to go Salem. For once we finally have a station owner that gave a hoot about improving Hawaii's country music signal and picked a good spot on the AM dial to put it. Much Mahalo Salem. Aloha, BigD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
        Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
        But it's AM blah blah blah More appropriate than on FM where it's all music.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

True, but after reading 20 of the same kind of posts from Ivan it starts to read as blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Too bad there aren't sound effects on HT. I'd insert the sound from the Charlie Brown specials where the teacher is talking.

You know... womp womp womp womp womp. Or something like that.

I got it. KRTR AM 650 should do SPOKEN WORD POETRY. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Comment

Working...
          X