Leahey & Leahey - coming to KUMU AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leahey & Leahey - coming to KUMU AM

Not relating to Leahey & Leahey, but all the fawning over Al Michaels got me riled up (Again. I've seen this thread before, but held back).

While at the Q, my late beloved and I tried to get an interview with Al Michaels, since he was coming "home" for the Pro Bowl. We figured it was an easy "get" because Al came up through radio and because he was back in the market where his career really took off, etc., right?

Wrong. His "people" told us, in no uncertain terms, that Mr. Michaels "doesn't 'do' radio."

How insulting.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
      How insulting.
      Does Al Michaels knew what his "people" told you?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Does Al Michaels knew what his "people" told you?
        I question whether Al Michaels himself declined to "do radio." A number of years ago, he went on a KCCN AM 1420 (now ESPN 1420) sports talk show with Kevin Hashiro after one of the Pro Bowls. Kevin had asked me beforehand to call in because I had a tape of an ILH basketball game called by Al in 1970 with Chuck Leahey. That game was transferred to a CD and later forwarded to Al at ABC-TV in Los Angeles.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
          Not relating to Leahey & Leahey, but all the fawning over Al Michaels got me riled up (Again. I've seen this thread before, but held back).

While at the Q, my late beloved and I tried to get an interview with Al Michaels, since he was coming "home" for the Pro Bowl. We figured it was an easy "get" because Al came up through radio and because he was back in the market where his career really took off, etc., right?

Wrong. His "people" told us, in no uncertain terms, that Mr. Michaels "doesn't 'do' radio."

How insulting.
          Maybe his "People" were thinking the "Q" was part of KGU when Casey Stangle owned it (not the same MLB Casey).

I think Al Michaels would have done an interview had he been approached directly.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Perhaps if we had been allowed access ... but we were not.

It's possible we weren't speaking with the right person.
            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I'm really glad that I tuned into L&L this morning (Fri. 6/8) because it was the first time I was really laughing at work. Their TV show isn't nearly as good as their radio antics.

Comment

Working...
              X