Krater 96's new genre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krater 96's new genre

Have you noticed that Krater 96 is adding more music related to "Alternative Rock"??? I don't like this at all, since I listen to Krater 96 all the time in the past.

Re: Krater 96's new genre

I stopped liking Krater 96 when they switched to "the best mix of the 80s, 90s, and now." I liked Krater in the early 90s when they were softer with music from the 60s to the present. Cox really ruined Krater.

Comment

Cox really ruined Krater.
      Well said.

Comment

You guys should be so lucky to have variety. Out here in East Hawaii all we get is Hawaiian Style Reggae or classic rock. Now that may seem nice (classic rock) but once in a while I'd like to hear some Celine Dion (Is she still alive?) There's no KSSK/KRTR styling of music out here at all!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

You know, I like the new KRTR 96. It's not all mush now. Got good variety. The alternative stuff is not the kind of head banging stuff that is being played on Star or KTUH... mostly the safe top 40ish stuff which I don't find offensive at all.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          You guys should be so lucky to have variety. Out here in East Hawaii all we get is Hawaiian Style Reggae or classic rock. Now that may seem nice (classic rock) but once in a while I'd like to hear some Celine Dion (Is she still alive?) There's no KSSK/KRTR styling of music out here at all!
          Hey Craig, can you get KKOA 107.7 FM out there where you live. The owner emailed me and they re-activated the station with a country music format.

I feel your pain though about the all reggae and Hawaiian music down there. It can be real annoying if that is the only thing on the dial other than the classic rock which I like.

mel
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I just tuned in to 107.7. The signal is a bit weak but with a little coaxing I was able to pick it up out here in Keaau.

Country isn't my favorite (although it was my first format in radio I did in Idaho) format but it brings back those memories working at that sun up to sundown radio station in Idaho. Back then this young 16-year old female country singer came thru our town (Mtn. Home) and I had the opportunity to emcee a concert in the park with her as an opening act, her name: Tanya Tucker.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              And your wish has come true with The New Mix 92.7

Comment

I work at a large "plant" where they play Krater 96 over the P.A. 24 hours a day and I hate this radio station. It is sickening to hear the same twenty songs played five times a day every day for a year straight. They are nice little pop songs but to hear them over and over is like living on a diet of corn syrup. How anybody could voluntarily subject them self to this drivel is unimaginable to me. There are about a million songs in the world and I have to listen to these women cry, over and over.

That James Blunt, "You're Beautiful" song? I would like to strangle that guy.
                You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

lol Fritz.... we actually have been working to narrow our target at 94.7. try that for a day and tell me what you think.

personally, i wish i could get radio at my desk. for some reason my cubicle is in a vortex tunnel of magnetic disarray that won't allow anything to come in so i resort to my yahoo music stream. it's very intelligent tho... plays only stuff i like and suggestions it thinks i might like... very very nice.

what does everyone else listen to at work, if anything?
                  life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                    [...]what does everyone else listen to at work, if anything?
                    I don't own a radio so I listen to a jazz station via iTunes.

BTW, Fritz bumped a 3 year old thread. Is Krater's format the same now as it was in 2004?

Comment

About a month ago I received an email from KRATER conducting a survey regarding their music format. A lot of the questions contained a slant towards the Alternative genre. Perhaps they're attempting to make a shift, but I believe in the latest poll posted in either SB or the Advertiser they were #2? Why change it now? The reason KSSK is #1 is because of Perry & Price, and not so much the music genre.
                      ___
                      "Be god to each other."

Comment

That was Krater on the AM that was #2. 96 is on the FM.

Comment

OK, I'm wrong they are #2. That speaks to the poor taste of the public. The same twenty songs everyday for the last six months. Seems like a waste of airwaves to me.

I just wanted to vent. I have no control over what is played on the P.A. Sometimes I can turn it off in my area, but if some music lover in the same area wants his Kelly Clarkson and Christine Aguilera, not much I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                            The reason KSSK is #1 is because of Perry & Price, and not so much the music genre.
                            Yeah, I'll second that. Actually for other times I think it's the newsroom. If anything big happens, I'll hear about it there.

Some time back I got a poll call from Clear Channel. Just about everything they played for me was like "*yawn* - tolerate it, but it's overplayed".

Comment

I can't really tell the difference yet. It still sounds like they're playing the same old Backstreet Boys stuff (how many stations still play their music anyways?!?)

Comment

Working...
                              X