Bring Back Checkers & Pogo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bring Back Checkers & Pogo!

Sam Langi, a.k.a. Braddah Sam of Local Kine Grindz and his group Vaihi are putting together the final pieces of a new kids variety TV show called Kolohe Time.

Click that link for more info.

When we were small keedz, my neighbors and myself participated in a taping of a Checkers & Pogo TV show. We had a BLAST participating in the pie eating contest. I forget who got to "pie" Pogo. It was taped in the same KGMB studio on Kapiolani Blvd. that's in use today. Back then we never had VCR's so I don't have a tape of it.

I know there's a tape available about the history of Checkers & Pogo, but did anyone ever suggest to KGMB that they release the entire run on DVD? I mean EVERY episode. For sake of sales, include only 1 season/DVD.

Man, to see me as a kid on one of those DVD's would be CLASSIC!

"Super hero" shows today such as Power Rangers and in Japan the Kamen Rider series use various tactics to help boost sales of toys and other merchandise.

Instead of having just 5 Tiger Rangers, they'll add 20 more "Morph" rangers to the show, plus a gazillion incarnations of "Megazords". This influences the young viewers to beg parents for what else? More and more toys to collect! $$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by Pomai; October 27, 2005, 07:27 PM. Reason: C&P DVD Suggestion
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

From my discussions with folks at KGMB I believe there are only a handful of complete episodes existing for a show that ran about 15 years that is very disheartening. But they taped over the shows everyday from what I have heard.

They did this to soap operas, Johnny Carson Tonight Shows, first 2 Superbowls, etc. so its not just Checkers & Pogo that is lost forever unfortunately.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
        From my discussions with folks at KGMB I believe there are only a handful of complete episodes existing for a show that ran about 15 years that is very disheartening. But they taped over the shows everyday from what I have heard.
        Man, that just sucks.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The fact that the tapes were erased after being re-run the next morning for an AM edition of "Checkers & Pogo", was brought out during the 1999 C & P tribute special that aired on KGMB. Remember the one hosted by Russell Shimooka? That one.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I have to see that tribute show again. Only saw it once, so memory is vague.
            Last edited by Pomai; October 29, 2005, 08:57 AM.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
            X