"No Shame" on KFVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Shame" on KFVE

A year or so ago I saw a promo for a KFVE show called No Shame, that obviously was patterned after Jackass or Candid Camera. Then, nothing. Has anyone seen this show?

Re: "No Shame" on KFVE

Never heard of it. I have to wonder how come KFVE dropped UPN for stuff like this.

Comment

UPN = low ratings WB= better ratings for younger demographic.

It comes down to $$$$.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I Googled "No Shame" KFVE. This is from one of the seven sites that turned up:

NO SHAME: HAWAII'S HOTTEST NEW TV SHOW WITH HOSTS MAKANI & JULIET LIGHTER.
        Do you know Makani? What about Juliet? You should! He's the afternoon DJ on Island Rythm 98.5. She's the former Miss Hawaii you may have seen hosting E!'s "Wild On: Honolulu." Relatively new to the TV scene, "No Shame" will feature Makani and Juliet as our weekly host and concert emcees. They'll be doing a weekly search for partners in crime for "NO Shame" on air. Listen to Makani monday through Friday at 3pm till 7pm on Island Rythm for more details. You just might win VIP tickets to "No Shame".
        HOW TO BECOME A CONTESTANT:
        CRAZY people raise your hands! Okay, you can put them down now. If you've always wanted to be on TV but can't sing, dance or tell jokes, here's your chance! "No Shame" is the search for Hawaii's craziest person. You can eat bugs, drink tobasco, strip down to your bare bottom, it's up to you. Just remember that there are potentially tens of thousands of other people just as crazy as you! Don't hold back. To be Hawaii's craziest person you gotta go NUTS! Submit your idea of what you are willing to do on stage at Pipeline Cafe and be broadcast on KFVE. The top 100 entries will be notified by phone. That crowd will be narrowed down to 60 via live auditions. From there, 6 contestants per week for ten weeks will appear live at Pipeline. There will be one winner per week who will advance to the semi-final round in week 11. The top 5 contestants will move on to week 12 and the championship show. The show will be judged live every week by celebrity judges and your peers. Every contestant will be rewarded with a prize. The Grand Champion will win over $5000 in cash and prizes and be known as the Notorious N.U.T. Submit your ideas to noshametv@yahoo.com.

SUGGEST A STUNT. Do you have a sick mind? Afraid of crowds? Don't worry! submit an idea for "No Shame" contestants. All ideas will be screened by "No Shame" producers. The craziest 10 ideas will be available to the final contestants on the chamionship show. If the winner of the show used your idea as a stunt, you'll win a trip for 2 to Las Vegas.(tentative) In a case where similar ideas were submitted, the person who first turned in the idea will be recognized. Submitted ideas will be dated by time email was sent. Send your ideas to noshametv@yahoo.com.

PROMOTIONS. Love to watch? Come on down to Pipeline Cafe every Wednesday beginning May 28. "No Shame" is more than a TV show, it's a circus! The doors open at 9pm and filming begins at 9:30. After the filming of the TV show, "No Shame" the concert series will take you over. With three bands per night and names like Natural Vibrations, Hoonua, Three Plus and Go Jimmy Go, it's gonna be HOT in here. It doesn't stop there! Aquaria Salon will be on site offering massages, facials, makeovers and lots more. The Coors Light, Revolution and Idyl Clothing Company "Girls" will be in the house hooking you up with prizes. Prizes, did someone say prizes? Just for coming down to Pipeline, you will be entered in our weekly raffle drawing. Pssst...keep this on the down low, we'll be giving away sets, yes SETS, of 20" RIMS!!! Plus trips for 2 to Las Vegas. We also have in our goody bag DVD systems for your car, stereo decks, car alarms, full detail jobs, tinting jobs, limo rides, complete makeovers and tons more. Warning system overload!!! This will be the fattest and baddest night scene you've ever experienced! Check it out every Wednesday starting May 28th and ending August 13th. Schools out, let's party! Oh, by the way, drink specials every night including $2 Coors Light.

After reading this description, the show is more like the short-lived MTV game show I Bet You Will, created by Morgan "Super Size Me" Spurlock.
        Last edited by BKHale2007; July 1, 2004, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Hmmm maybe the show didn't work out because nobody like make "A" eh?

Yep people want to be remembered for their shining moments, not, "eh uncle Craig I saw you on one old rerun on KFVE yesterday...wow that leap off Ala Moana building into the people catcher was UNREAL! how you wen survive dat?" "Eh Junior...shaddup already the money I made wen send you to A+ so no laugh!"
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It didn't last because:

A) It was a bad idea - the one episode I saw, the winner stapled papers onto his torso, and another contestant had people spit in a cup a drink it.

B) It was VERY poorly produced.....Just bad, bad, bad!!! If it at least was put together well, it would make some difference......uh, maybe not

Comment

Working...
            X