Hawaii Five-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I loved this part of Hawaii Five-O

I just bought my first "Hawaii Five-0" DVD set for $18 at Jelly's yesterday. The 6 DVD set was brand new and still in shrink wrap. What a bargain to be found! Played a couple of episodes and the color restoration looks great! The show is way better without the annoying commercials inserted into it.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-0

Yup, I bought the 1st 3 episodes for an average of around 19 bucks each. Never paid full price on any and with the 3rd I used a gift card.

I'll wait until #4 goes on sale at my local used dvd outlet before I buy it.

Comment

on hawaii 5-0

hi this is sansei and im now watching the replay's of hawaii 5-0 and this one is about the switch of the 1913 coin and it showed many old place's before change's took place and it even show's the ilikai and the blowhole and other place's and many place's i remember when i first watched it and seen some of it in person and this show bring's back many memorie's.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Re: on hawaii 5-0

Those old Honolulu Airport scenes with those metal fences that wen small kid time you grab and look through the holes at the planes. The chairs with the coin operated televisions attached that nevah work.
          Last edited by Walkoff Balk; June 5, 2008, 10:50 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

this boat is listed on craigslist as Jack Lords boat...9k at sand island
            Attached Files
            the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Season 4 is now out on DVD. Watched through the first disc. As was the case with the previous seasons, picture restoration looks great. Looks as though it was shot yesterday.

One comment about this season: 1971-72 marked Zulu's final year on the show. It seems like his Kono character is more serious than in previous seasons, with none of the funny one-liners and the playful interactions he used to have with Chin Ho.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

AJ recounts some five-o history in today's Star Bulletin:

http://starbulletin.com/2008/09/01/f...flashback.html

Comment

I love the art work!

Here's a link to Bob Peak's life and art www.bobpeak.com
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

If anyone has the episodes, "3 Dead Cows at Makapuu", parts 1 & 2, season 2 and/or "Turkey Shoot at Makapuu", season 8...on vhs or dvd...please PM me. Mahalo...

Comment

• Re: Hawaii Five-0

Currently watching the season 4 dvd. (Got it for a steal for $12.50)

In episode 86 "Odd Man In" there are some outside shots of the old Toho Theater. If I remember correctly, it only showed Japanese movies until it was renamed "Kapiolani Theater" in the late 70's.

Comment

• Re: Hawaii Five-o All Season Box Set ?

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        What wasn't so great was that season 2 had 25 episodes that were originally aired by CBS, and the DVD presents only 24. One missing episode (titled "Bored, She Hung Herself") is missing and would have been a real treat, since that particular show was left out of syndication and has not been broadcast for decades.
                        Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                        Wow...thanx for the heads up Leo...

I ALMOST ordered...

This is what I found on ripoff report...YIKES !

"I made a purchase of $345 at TVBoxSet.com several weeks ago, I never heard back from them or got my order. I used a ShopSafe card, which is a credit card you generate for shopping online, the only place I ever put this number out was at TVBoxSet.com. I was charged the $345 for my order and over the next 6 days, I was charged 14 times for a total of $3702.94 USD......Look at their product selection, categories, DVD artwork, FAQ. anything. All these sites are the same. DVDCollections.tv is just the latest, it was recently registered because TVBoxSet.com was getting too many complaints. Check them out. DVDCollections.tv, TVBoxSet.com, TVAddicts.tv, RareDVDs.tv, DVDAvenue.tv. they are all the same.

Alan71
                        Beaverton, Oregon
                        U.S.A."
                        I didn't even give it a thought about these DVDs that I had bought being bootlegs... Looking thru my rose-colored glasses, why would anyone make an illegal copy of this terrific show? I went to GLOBE DVD, and paid $49 for the complete set of 284 shows...

The package came from China, still no red flag goes up. All episodes are here including the two-part pilot, with Danno #1, and Bored, She Hung Herself. I must say that the quality is not the best, but I am also a big fan of Hindi movies, like the Bollywood kind, so I have a lower than most peoples' type of expectations.

The LOST episode had indeed been dubbed off of 16MM film and the bumpers and leaders were there, as reported here previously. This was likely my only chance to ever see this episode, and I just didn't see what all the fuss was over. It was pretty tame; those damn Hippies!

That episode was the worst quality of the entire set. The others just looked unrefreshed, but as I had been taping them daily to my DVR from a local community station, they didn't disappoint me.

I know now that I shouldn't have bought them from a bootlegger, but it rarely occurs to me that people are liars or cheats. At least my credit card wasn't ripped off like Tikiyaki's. Thank the good LORD.

I plan to acquire all the CBS DVD box sets, and I hope they are even more exciting than the ones I have now. You (usuallly) get what you pay for.

Comment

From this morning's Star Bull:

'Five-O' actor, 87, dies in Brooklyn
                          NEW YORK » Harry Endo, the actor who played a forensic scientist on the long-running TV show "Hawaii Five-O," has died at the age of 87.

Family members say he suffered a stroke and died Friday afternoon at Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.

Endo played the character Che Fong on the popular show. He was one of the original cast members on the crime drama that began in 1968.

Daughter Leslie Baker says her father was born in Colorado but spent much of life in Hawaii, where he worked for a bank. While doing a commercial for the bank, he was approached to play the role of Fong. After the show ended in 1980, he played a couple of small parts on "Magnum, P.I." He retired from show business in the late '80s.

Endo enlisted in the U.S. Army in late 1941, serving in Europe as a radio operator with an infantry unit. He was married for more than 60 years.

He is survived by his wife, Myrtle, daughter Leslie Baker of Brooklyn and Scott Endo of San Diego.

Comment

The story was run on KGMB TV tonight. R.I.P. Harry Endo. He was one of the supporting cast and character that I liked in the show.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                              From this morning's Star Bull:

'Five-O' actor, 87, dies in Brooklyn
                              NEW YORK » Harry Endo, the actor who played a forensic scientist on the long-running TV show "Hawaii Five-O," has died at the age of 87.

Endo played the character Che Fong on the popular show. He was one of the original cast members on the crime drama that began in 1968.
                              I was stunned to read this item... saw it on another blog linked here on a different HT thread, and had to check it out here for more info... He was a real asset to the show, and seemed so genuine. I always call him the first "CSI." Just got done watching almost half of season 2 right before I came here tonight, and really enjoyed his performances. He will be sadly missed by many.

Comment

The bank that Harry Endo worked at was Honolulu Federal Savings - he was the marketing director. I worked there for many years & knew him well. I also knew his daughter Leslie who also worked at the bank. He was a special person who always had a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face. My daughter liked him very much because he introduced her to "McGarrett" and would let us come on to the sets when they were filming on weekends. Because of Harry, my daughter thought that McGarrett was her best friend because he would always stop to tell her hello & call her by name. We have some very fond memories of Harry.
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X