From 1981 KHON:

Joe Moore
    Les Keiter
    Barbara Tanabe
    Candy Fleece
    Richard Borreca
    Mary Zanakas
    Dave Wiggins

Did anyone see "The General" on KHON last night, his mind is still sharp about the old days and he made comments about Barry Bonds...

Aj

Comment

• Re: Newscasters from long ago

Check out a wacky clip from KITV in 1989, featuring Tina Shelton, Dick Allgire, Dan Cooke and Scott Swan here.

(In case that doesn't work, type in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XrS8NFi8uA)

Anyone else have any good classic Hawaii TV clips?

Comment

Hey Doctah thanks for posting that clip yes I have tons of old clips over the years, message or email me. I thought what was unique about the clip you showed is at one time 4 people at the anchor desk, you dont see that much anymore.

Aj

Comment

Remember Malia Mattoch from Channel 2? She may be about to resurface in a different medium. If it happens, you heard it hear first . . .

Comment

Hey, speaking of resurfacing, here's another oldie but goodie - now in Seattle:

http://www.supersonicsoul.com/2007/0...add-voice.html

Comment

I believe Matt Pinto replaced Larry Beil as sports anchor at KGMB?

Here are some more:

KITV 1983:

Tim Tindall
              Lynne Waters
              Larry Price
              Michelle Lum
              Sandi Carney (lives in London now)
              Anne Botticelli
              Waye Yoshioka
              Rick Quan
              Russ Shimooka
              Emme Tomminbang
              Dave Wiggins

Does anyone know where Dave Wiggins is now, hard he went to Japan, is he still there?

Aj

Comment

I heard Dave Wiggins doing the sumo broadcasts.

Comment

Cheryl Turbeville (sp?) ... I thought that was a cool name

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                    I heard Dave Wiggins doing the sumo broadcasts.
                    Ross Mihara (ex-KGMB) and Dave Wiggins are both doing sumo broadcasts now?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post

Aj
                      I heard Dave Wiggins doing the matches on NGN last year.

Comment

Here's something i didn't know: according to this, Emme Tomimbang co-anchored KITV's 10 p.m. newscast with Tim Tindall between 1985 and 1987. (Before that, Tindall and Lynne Waters were the anchors). I take it, then, that Tina Shelton replaced Tomimbang at 10. (Was she already anchoring at 6?) Tindall left soon after, because by the end of 1987, Tina Shelton was KITV's solo anchor. She would continue to anchor solo for 2 years, before being joined at the desk by Dick Allgire.

Comment

The 10pm newscast was Tindall, Emme and Russ Shimooka with "Big Board Sports" as they called it then. Paul Udell was news director at the time, replacing Don Rockwell I believe. Rockwell later went on to direct news at KGMB. Lynne Waters was still co-anchoring the 5pm and 6pm news at this time as well as doing news reporting, she was amongst the few anchors in my opinion that did both jobs and she liked to do both. Lynne left KITV in 1985, Tina Shelton then replaced Lynne and did the 5pm and 6pm news with Tim Tindall.

I read that article and was surprised Tim would say that as he and Emme had worked together for 3 years at least already, though she did reporting and features and maybe he didnt think she could do hard news stories or whatever. He could have also been joking because sometimes he would say things with a straight face, very stoic. But she did just fine. But I think her heart was and has always been doing the special features and entertainment material as she still does that today.

I know alot of this information as Lynne and Emme are friends of mine, I hear from Lynne often and am doing some work for her now.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post

Aj
                            Dave left his NHK broadcasting job in Japan last year and is now currently residing in Thailand.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Where are they now: KHNL's former anchor Heidi Umbhau (now in Chicago)

http://www.spatulatta.com/who_we_are.html

Aj

Comment

Another from KHNL past: Maria Quiban (now in Los Angeles)

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/I...Y&pageId=5.3.1

Comment

Working...
                                X