Newscasters from long ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newscasters from long ago

hi this is sansei and to pearlcitymike.my response on ron wood is he did work not only at Kkua and he worked at the Old Korl 65 and he worked at i believe Kitv and then moved on and for emerld yeh,she's now working in a local firm in san francisco and she was let go from The san francisco station due to cutback's and remember marisol borromeo,she's married and living in the mainland and dont know what her married name is and even linda jameson is working at a local firm in honolulu and she's like angela keen who's suing khnl if you had read Miss E's cloumn the buzz. also Tom dancer who worked in radio passed on long ago and remember the am hawaii cast,the weather anchor at that time,went on to better thing's in the mainland,cant remember his name. also Everyone know's granny george grove's has his granny mall on tv. that's all i remember and his name was John Parisi who once was the weather anchor on Am hawaii in Angela keen's time.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Ron Wood also worked for KIKI too didn't he? And don't forget Bill Thompson.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
        hi this is sansei and to pearlcitymike.my response on ron wood is he did work not only at Kkua and he worked at the Old Korl 65 and he worked at i believe Kitv and then moved on and for emerld yeh,she's now working in a local firm in san francisco and she was let go from The san francisco station due to cutback's and remember marisol borromeo,she's married and living in the mainland and dont know what her married name is and even linda jameson is working at a local firm in honolulu and she's like angela keen who's suing khnl if you had read Miss E's cloumn the buzz. also Tom dancer who worked in radio passed on long ago and remember the am hawaii cast,the weather anchor at that time,went on to better thing's in the mainland,cant remember his name. also Everyone know's granny george grove's has his granny mall on tv. that's all i remember and his name was John Parisi who once was the weather anchor on Am hawaii in Angela keen's time.

Thanks for the update!

Wow - Tom Dancer! You just stirred a memory...

Tom and my stepfather (Guanzon) worked at the same radio station (KNDI- Waipahu). Paul was late night, I think Tom was days.

They both had me enter a bathtub boat race out at...hmmm was it Kaneohe Marine base....in 1973-74. Paul built it himself and installed an old fashioned looking plexiglass bathtub in a custom speed boat.

Tom was a character. Sad to hear he passed. I can still remember his voice on the air, a littly gruffy something like George Carlin and Kris Kristopherson.
        Last edited by PearlCityMike; March 16, 2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PearlCityMike View Post
          [...]
          Tom was a character. Sad to hear he passed. I can still remember his voice on the air, a littly gruffy something like George Carlin and Kris Kristopherson.
          An interesting article...

Comment

Thanks for the link. Cool story, I remember he used to play those explosions.

Okay he worked at KORL at the time of my "race." Ken Hutchinson worked at KNDI with Paul.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to pearlcitymike,your welcome for my thought's of deceased radio personality tom dancer and did you know paul guanzon is paula akana's husband's brother and not sure where he is sorry,

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by PearlCityMike View Post
                Thanks for the link. Cool story, I remember he used to play those explosions.

Okay he worked at KORL at the time of my "race." Ken Hutchinson worked at KNDI with Paul.
                KNDI is on S. King Street and has been there for a while now as the Broadcast House of the Pacific across the street from Zippy's and next to Radio Shack.

Tom Dynamite Dancer. Didn't he die from throat cancer a while ago? Part of what you gotta pay for them deep pipes.

Comment

Paul G. has worked radio in NYC for about 25 years now.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                    hi this is sansei and in response to pearlcitymike,your welcome for my thought's of deceased radio personality tom dancer and did you know paul guanzon is paula akana's husband's brother and not sure where he is sorry,

well thank's for your time
                    Yeah Paula Akana is married to Paul's brother Bobby, who used to work at KITV as a cameraman. He may still be there, but I've been out of touch with the family for several years. Last one I talked to was Paul's little sister Lisa - on the phone.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to pearlcitymike,paul g isnt fromw what i've learned sometime ago,he isnt in the newsbusiness and he isnt a cameraman for kitv,he's moved on from there and if anyone wishes to know where former Kgmb'er Rob simpson is,he's working at a station in the mainland and so are most of the former Kgmb'er including Sabrina hall who just left and if you listen to kssk on the weekend's,you'd find Cindy Paliaricio doing the news and she's great to listen to and she remind's me of Midweek writer Mrs Linda delacruz is they have the same quality and the member who had the dream of me being taught hawaiian by the person i dislike the most who's on Kgmb as male-co-anchor,that's not lol.

Comment

Someone earlier asked about Dan Cooke, last I knew he was doing real estate in Southern California. He was also spotted on the last Gridiron playing the familiar part of Linda Lingle via videotape from Southern Cal, also ex-KHNL weathergirl Maria Quiban made a cameo appearence too.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          Someone earlier asked about Dan Cooke, last I knew he was doing real estate in Southern California. He was also spotted on the last Gridiron playing the familiar part of Linda Lingle via videotape from Southern Cal, also ex-KHNL weathergirl Maria Quiban made a cameo appearence too.

Aj
                          He did a great narration for a PATCH video a couple of years ago that's available free for rent at Blockbusters.

Comment

Hey, this isn't a REALLY long time ago, but I wonder what Aloha Airlines pilot Tasha Kobashigawa will be doing now?

Comment

AP story in this morning's Advertiser says CBS O&O TV stations on the mainland are cutting news staffs, and mentions that among those let go at KPIX is "reporter Rick Quan."

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                                AP story in this morning's Advertiser says CBS O&O TV stations on the mainland are cutting news staffs, and mentions that among those let go at KPIX is "reporter Rick Quan."
                                That is too bad, Rick and I have been in touch during the past year and the older you get it is harder to find work in television. He's been in San Fran for over 20 years now.

Aj

Comment

Working...
                                X