Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Hawaii" on NBC: Chapter 3

Originally posted by helen
    Since you asked. I was never happy with the background lighting effect of the outdoor shots. It didn't seem natural to me.
    I have to agree with Helen here. I never did like all the unnatural tinting. Making the colors more saturated, i.e. making blue more blue is okay, but bright pink clouds in a blue sky? huh?

Just read the Tim Ryan article cited in an earlier message...how the h*%^ could NBC brass and finance folks miss out on Act 221 tax rebates that could have added up as much as to $500,000 per episode? Sumbody royally screwed up! Heads at Burbank should be held accountable for that one.

I'm gonna really miss this show. I thought it had some great possibilities in spite of the well noted misteps. Really liked the music, and got introduced to IZ and Kapa'aina. Being from the mainland (Boston area), but love Hawaii, I had my eyes opened on local culture. First I watched just to see Michael Biehn and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, but the cast grew on me. I'll be looking especially for Peter Navy now that I know he has such talent and mana. His comedic timing is impeccable. And Aya Sumika, even though she was a fledgling actress, she'll learn and get mo' better with no trouble. Eric Balfour was so quirky, edgy, and funny as well. Ivan and Sharif were good, but I liked them better in their former shows, I think they just didn't have time to develop their characters well. It's too bad the early scripts weren't better and that the time slot and day (against Lost) weren't different. Such wasted possibilities...the only good thing this week was that the Bosox reversed the curse against the Yankees, sometimes there is good karma somewhere in the world.

I wish the cast and crew good luck in their future work, everyone did their best and were awesome. And I hope they will all end up better for this experience. Maybe some of the crew can go work for Lost or the new Rocky Point series.

Mahalo to all!

Comment

Originally posted by bolaboo
      I'm gonna really miss this show. I thought it had some great possibilities

News Flash!
      The cast, (Michael Biehn, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Peter Navy, Aya Sumika, Eric Balfour et.al.) has grown to love the islands to such a great degree while here for their too short shooting schedule, They decided even an extreme reduction in their usual starpower earnings they can command, will be sacrificed and all have agreed to work for scale plus back end points. (and merchandising profit sharing on the private label fundraising saimin they will be launching) (please be nice to Sumika when she knocks on your door. She's new at this, too.)
      They have struck a deal with Olelo and OC 16 to joint produce and act in a biweekly budget television series entitled "Kalihi".

Advance script viewings have yielded some hints as to what to look for:
      No sound stages available at this moment, nor can one be seen as in budget, so we will see the Captain played by Cary Tagawa, chew out the smartass but loveable cops while he drives by their crack sale stakeout in his Toyota pickup. Much consternation ensues, as their stakeout entails hiding in a medium size bush, and the strange sight of a guy slowing down to yell at a shrubbery results in additional plot lines.
      The truck reportedly will be painted red and Michael Biehn and his popolo partner will be seen gallantly, with much authority and machismo, jumping in and out of the back of the Toyota pickup, in much the same manner as they did in the red convertible. Through camera angles and editing, (and strategically placed sun glare) the effect, the publicist says, will be... uhhh... similar.
      Last edited by kimo55; October 23, 2004, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Aloha kimo55

Is this new show titled "Kalihi" still going to happen? I really was bummed out when I heard that HAWAII was cancelled. I really don't care what people say but I loved that show. Please let me know if it's going to come out.
        Mahalo,
        magnum68

Comment

Sorry, he was kidding.

He better have been kidding, anyway, for the world's sake.

Comment

Working...
          X