Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Station & News Brandings

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
    hmmm, let's see..... 2006 saw 40 days and 40 nights of rain. Last week gets 13 power poles down on the leeward coast.... Lightning strikes bus....Schools closed for days.... Flash flooding on Maui... TV transmitters on Haleakala are still powerless after storm 4 days ago. If that ain't severe weather, what is?
    I dunno. Snow trumps rain? Tornado trumps hurricane?

At least you can handle snow. Is there such a thing in the mainland called a flash snow flood?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

[QUOTE=DNR55;177011]
      Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
      I think the whole "severe weather station" thing is hillarious. At least it hasn't gotten as bad as on the mainland...

=================
      hmmm, let's see..... 2006 saw 40 days and 40 nights of rain. Last week gets 13 power poles down on the leeward coast.... Lightning strikes bus....Schools closed for days.... Flash flooding on Maui... TV transmitters on Haleakala are still powerless after storm 4 days ago. If that ain't severe weather, what is?
      Yes it is..but to have a tv station dedicated to "severe" weather seems a little crazy to me. It's almost like praying for severe weather when you don't have it. Besides, have the "Severe Weather" station brand sounds like they are just scaring people when we don't have freak weather.

Comment

CBS adopted the lame "Spirit" campaign and I think the majority of stations went with it especially to help promote the new fall season.

Remember when ABC did the "Still the One" and "We're the One" campaigns 30 years ago based on the network having the top shows at the time and the song was a play on the Orleans "Still the One" hit at the time.

NBC mid-80's had the "Let's all Be There" campaigns too.

Aj

Comment

The severe weather branding goes back to when KGMB was owned by Emmis Communications. Emmis was obsessed with weather. Many of its stations on the Mainland were branded as "Weather Stations." Emmis' last remaining TV station in New Orleans (WVUE) is branded as "Your Weather Authority."

It's more cost effective to continue with this branding after KGMB was sold to the new owners than to conceptualize, produce and create a new branding campaign.

Comment

KITV 4 Island Television News will be launching a new graphics system tonight. Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by lancer808 View Post
              KITV 4 Island Television News will be launching a new graphics system tonight. Check it out!
              hmmmm... what I saw were only minor changes to their fonts...that's all. Nothing too noticeable or significant. But they did change their on-air announcer. Why did they change that? I'd rather hear the previous announcer.. he's louder and more familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by lancer808 View Post
                The only new graphics I noticed is during the Morning News, where they did something different from the traditional scrolling headlines on the bottom.

They also went from 3-line closed caption format to 4-line closed caption format. That's because the graphics takes up a quarter of the screen's bottom.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Betamax View Post
                  Ed went on to work for KIRO in the Seattle area and then later became a minister to my understanding. Pamela Flynn, Melanie Granfors, Tom McWilliams, Ed Michaelson...who knows. You are right, Joe started in late July of 78 as sports anchor. BJ may have stayed in the islands until 82 if thats what you mean but he was gone from KHON circa '79/80-ish when Paul started. The Shaka? Credit Paul with wanting to start something at the end of a newscast. Credit George Cabral Jr. for suggesting the Shaka.... Nice branding move (just trying to stay on topic ).
                  Update: BJ Sams worked for KITV in 1981 and 1982 as their weekend anchor and possibly filled in for Jack Hawkins occassionaly.

Aj

Comment

Working...
                  X