KHON2 off the air??? (Fri 10/26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KHON2 off the air??? (Fri 10/26)

It was an odd movie called "Road to Salina" and starred Robert Walker and Rita Hayworth in one of her last roles. (Walker and Mimsy Farmer was the naked ones, though.) An Italian-French production. It was a typical early '70s movies in which characters were naked simply because they could get away with it. It seemed the broadcast copy had not been edited for oh-so-sensitive Hawaii televsion. The KHON engineer said they got a pile of films in a package every week and they were all supposedly ready to air, so they wouldn't preview them.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
      Many years ago, when KHON was still with NBC, they aired a movie after "Saturday Night Live" that featured full frontal and backal and pubal and boobal nudity and sex stuff. My eyes popped out! (Hey, it was the early '80s)
      IIRC, KHNL (before it was an NBC affiliate) once aired a Bo Derek film titled Bolero. Honestly, it's one of those times I'm glad I have insomnia.

Even KHET got away with airing films like Equus (featuring nudity) on a late Saturday evening.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I think the film was actually titled "10," but the nude scene to the music of Bolero was in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
          I think the film was actually titled "10," but the nude scene to the music of Bolero was in it.
          No, she did a film titled Bolero and this one didn't have Dudley Moore in it.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
          X