Why no HD feed from KHON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no HD feed from KHON

Once again the people in Hawaii get the short end of the stick when it comes to prime time. Just wondering if anyone can tell me why KHON does not give us the HD wide screen feed of some of their most watch TV shows. We pay for this feed and then we pay a premium to get the HD feed then we don't get the premium feed. We also get more commercials thrown into the mix and then all the shows run late by 3-4 min screwing up the recording schedule. I have noticed and just wonder if we just are getting the short end.

Mahalo

Re: Why no HD feed from KHON

This has been addressed several times in the "I want HDTV" thread below. Basically, they have the equipment needed to send a "live" HD feed, such as sporting events, but don't have all the necessary equipment to record prime time shows in HD for later playback during what would be prime time hours for us. They also don't have enough technicians to install, configure, operate and maintain much in the way of new equipment. Basically, the station got royally screwed by its two recent ownership changes. See the other thread for more detailed explanations.
    No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Re: Why no HD feed from KHON

What do you mean "no HD feed"? I got no feed at all from KHON2 since Saturday. Couldn't even watched the Pro Bowl OTA.

Even now (as I'm posting this), I still got nothing.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
      X