Hawaiian Host commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Host commercial

Can anyone read the fine print during the Hawaiian Host commercial where they claim that 7 out of 10 people prefer their candy? When they state that they used a blind taste test, there's some fine print that appears at the bottom of the screen and with my crappy analog tv I can't read it. I'm overly biased towards Menehune Mac products, but I'm curious about the fine print that they're using. It must have been important enough that they were advised that it was needed on the commercial. Thanks!

Re: Hawaiian Host commercial

I prefer Hawaiian Host over Mauna Loa, Menehune Mac and whatever other brands. IMO, their milk chocolate has the best flavor, texture and overall quality.

I have yet to see the commercial you're talking about. But if it were a blind taste test, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to distinguish HH from the other brands.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      I prefer Hawaiian Host over Mauna Loa, Menehune Mac and whatever other brands. IMO, their milk chocolate has the best flavor, texture and overall quality.

I have yet to see the commercial you're talking about. But if it were a blind taste test, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to distinguish HH from the other brands.
      Same for me, I think there milk chocolate has a better taste, I always buy Hawaiian Host.
      I remember the days when the ladies made Hawaiian Host by hand. I use to watch them small kid time and they would give samples. This was on Maui, hana butta days.........
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

There was fine print ???

That does it, I'm buying a big screen tv. Nothing under 46"

Any and all contributions to this cause will be glady accepted and appreciated.

And yes, I vote for Hawaiian Host too. The only chocolate that tastes better to me, is the chocolate from that Cadbury Fruit & Nut bar.

DD
        www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
          There was fine print ???

That does it, I'm buying a big screen tv. Nothing under 46"

Any and all contributions to this cause will be glady accepted and appreciated.
          DD in the electronics department: "But honey, that Hawaiian Host commercial and all those car commercials have disclaimers in fine print that I can never read with that dinosaur TV at home. We need..."

Significant other: "Fine print, my okole! You put that $1000 Aquos HD thingee back on the shelf this instant!".

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

HA too late !!

I already convinced her that having a big screen would make it seem Bruce Willis is sitting on her lap. Can't wait to see what it's going to make Kobe Tai look like she's doing to me. Mwaahahahahaha

But back on topic...............

I used to see that commercial all the time, but now I can't seem to catch it at all. I'm sure I'll start seeing it constantly again, after someone discloses what the fine print says.

DD
            www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

hi this is sansei and in my own response,i like Menehune mac is it has flavor and the factory and Gift shop is pretty close to me and i've purchased sugar free cookie's from there for my sister and her husband who are diabetic's and they enjoy it so even i've tried menehune mac and it's yum! i once used to like Hawaiian Host only when they discontinued making the mint's,i gave up with them until i found Menehune mac and they have good variety and for the price,it's reasonable.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                i like Menehune mac is it has flavor

(Sorry - that post reminded me of a website that uses a similar phrase.)

Comment

I still think that their old jingle is one of the best in local TV commercial history.

Hawaiian Host, chocolate covered macadamia nuts.
                  Yummy tasting, fresh & sweet.
                  Yummy yummy yummy Hawaiian treat.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Hawaiian Host, chocolate covered macadamia nuts.
                    Yummy tasting, fresh & sweet.
                    Yummy yummy yummy Hawaiian treat.
                    That proves how good they are, no? I mean, come on --- four "yummy"s in the jingle!

Advertisers can't lie, can they?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      That proves how good they are, no? I mean, come on --- four "yummy"s in the jingle!
                      Maybe they heard the old Exchange drink theme song:
                      "makes your mind think
                      yum yum yum
                      that orangeade called Exchange"
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I prefer the one where the girl is riding her bike and hurts her knee. Then this beautiful lady comes out of the sun to give her chocolate-covered mac nuts. Upon reflection, the beautiful lady, an angel perhaps, turns into her not-as-pretty mom. It's perfect, kind of tacky, and 100% pure local. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                        X