CBS is on ABC. Huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS is on ABC. Huh?

Chargers-49ers game is just starting, and Ashley Lelie will get playing time fer sure.
    Funny thing. The game is being shown on KITV (our ABC station) but the broadcast is from KPIX 5 in San Francisco... a CBS station. They're constantly mentioning CBS, and the CBS logo is permanently on the screen on our ABC station.
    I don't recall seeing this kind of cross-breeding before. Ya think any ABC execs are gnashing their teeth?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: CBS is on ABC. Huh?

KITV has aired pre-season games for the 49ers via KPIX for years.

I just wish that KITV could have taken the HD feed for the game like KGMB did for the Seahawks and Patriots pre-season games that they aired.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Chargers-49ers game is just starting, and Ashley Lelie will get playing time fer sure.
      Funny thing. The game is being shown on KITV (our ABC station) but the broadcast is from KPIX 5 in San Francisco... a CBS station. They're constantly mentioning CBS, and the CBS logo is permanently on the screen on our ABC station.
      I don't recall seeing this kind of cross-breeding before. Ya think any ABC execs are gnashing their teeth?
      The network execs maybe.

But there are other kind of cross-breeding, like with TV series being produced by a network studio but airs on a different network.
      Last edited by Random; August 30, 2008, 09:04 AM.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        The network execs maybe.

But there are other kind of cross-breeding, like with TV series being produced by a network studio but airs on a different network.
        Case in point: Ghost Whisperer airs on CBS, produced with ABC Productions.

Aj

Comment

Pre-season telecasts are the same as the games themselves. They are "nah-nah only joke" kine. They no count. It's how the tech crews practice fo da real ting. So they send them out to whoever is willing to sign a contract.

Comment

Working...
          X