• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

New "Five-0" blog starts up:

http://www.honolulupulse.com/movies-...?five-0′
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Good to see the "only" survivor of the old 5-0 make an appearance.

However:

1. Al Harrington need to have his feather headband on. That is his signature, Beach boy or not.

2. I understand we all get old and not in good shape as the younger days. Buy why do a pan out to show the full body shot? IMO a bit disrespectful to the last legend of the old 5-0. It adds nothing to the scene.

Comment

Tonight's villians had to be the lameness so far on two points. One keeping the rest of the body in the trunk of their car as opposed to simply disposing of the body someplace else and two assuming they got the $5 million cash in two cases from the rich dad, what then? Can they actually carry that stuff on the plane without raising suspions?

Comment

^^^ Yeah, it was a bit of a let down. Plus, are they planning to create a (old) love interest for Chin-Ho Kelly?

Nothing wrong with that, but isn't Chin-Ho already married, and they show his wife and his house in one of the earlier episode. Is my memory correct?

Comment

I thought the chemistry between Daniel Dae Kim and Reiko Aylesworth was very strong. Instantly believable that they had a history, still had a connection, and obviously more to explore. I hadn't had the impression that Chin Ho Kelly was married, but I admit, compared to "LOST," I devote very little time to picking apart the plot. Half my attention's on the Twitter commentary, frankly!

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
              [...]
              Nothing wrong with that, but isn't Chin-Ho already married, and they show his wife and his house in one of the earlier episode. Is my memory correct?
              Are you referring to the episode involving Danno's ex-wife and her house? IIRC, there was another episode involving an officer or an acquaintance of Five-0 who was killed and we see the widow in her home. Hmmm...out of sight, out of mind!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                I thought the chemistry between Daniel Dae Kim and Reiko Aylesworth was very strong. Instantly believable that they had a history, still had a connection, and obviously more to explore. I hadn't had the impression that Chin Ho Kelly was married, but I admit, compared to "LOST," I devote very little time to picking apart the plot. Half my attention's on the Twitter commentary, frankly!
                Were they married? Malia had a ring on a chain,.... but that could have been an engagement ring.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

From the dialouge from last night's episode, Chin Ho left her but appearances make it that she left him.

Comment

Comedian Dane Cook will play Danno's brother. Will he make long observations and do some kicking?

Comment

Thoughts about the episode that aired on 1/23/11:
                      • I guess they couldn't find any stock footage of an empty Ala Wai Harbor.
                      • I find it hard to believe that it was just 2 willing people and 2 unwilling people pulling off the hoax and the getting the $28 million from the HPD evidence lockup. Figured there should have been at least one more person helping getting the money out.
                      • One has to wonder how or why the $10 million that was taken out during the Christmas episode came back to the evidence lockup?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        I find it hard to believe that it was just 2 willing people and 2 unwilling people pulling off the hoax and the getting the $28 million from the HPD evidence lockup. Figured there should have been at least one more person helping getting the money out.
                        "2 unwilling people?" If you're counting that computer hacker hiding out on the boat,... I wouldn't put her in the same category as the tsunami center director. She admitted to McGarrett and Danno that she did it for money. She didn't say that her daughter or anyone else was being threatened. Even though she cooperated with 5-0 in the end, no way should she get off scot-free for her part in the hoax.

I agree with the idea that the conspiracy was larger than just the two disgruntled servicemen and the hacker. In the classic 5-0 series, there was an episode about a fake tsunami alert, where the mastermind was none other than Wo Fat. Hmmm, maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg leading to McGarret and Wo Fat confronting each other for the first time in this series.

Stay tuned.

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        One has to wonder how or why the $10 million that was taken out during the Christmas episode came back to the evidence lockup?
                        There's definitely more to this story. I have the distinct feeling that any relief the 5-0 crew feels about the $10 million being restored to HPD evidence is going to be short-lived.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Some comments for the 2/7/11 episode:
                          • Start of the episode shows a shot of the Earth and then going down to some out of the way house in the middle of no where on Oahu
                          • Danny takes a liken to Coco-puffs
                          • Kind of wondering how the hit squad knew where the witness was considering they only arrived on Oahu the day before?

Comment

Just watched it on DVR.
                            Loved the part at the beginning with the big box from Liliha Bakery on the hood of the Camaro and the long conversation about how good the coco puffs are.
                            Interesting seeing Michael Green as the mobster's attorney. He's a high profile attorney in real life and he's frequently on the news. Gets a lot of high profile clients.
                            Interesting when they found the female witness in the rainforest. McGarrett had her give him her shoes so he could create a false trail for the killers to follow while Chin took her off in a different direction. They had her hiking for hours through the rainforest... barefoot! But at least they held the continuity and showed her still barefoot when she was rescued.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              [...] But at least they held the continuity and showed her still barefoot when she was rescued.
                              And when they were first running thru the court house! I was holding my script supervisor breath when they arrived at the court house in the trashed truck, wondering if she would magically appear in a pair of non-matching shoes! Nope...barefoot! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                And when they were first running thru the court house! I was holding my script supervisor breath when they arrived at the court house in the trashed truck, wondering if she would magically appear in a pair of non-matching shoes! Nope...barefoot! Yay!
                                I watched that one too, and in the courthouse her bare feet were muddy too.
                                And in addition to the ones we both saw, she was also barefoot when she ran across all those rocks to jump into the truck.
                                When I wrote my first post, I had a hunch that you of all people would catch that continuity too. [/high five]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X