New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

If you take "movie magic" into account, Im betting that she was wearing little brown shoes, mud makeup over that. Save the poor girl's feet!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      If you take "movie magic" into account, Im betting that she was wearing little brown shoes, mud makeup over that. Save the poor girl's feet!
      Similar in nature to skull caps with soles, possibly!

Comment

Good episode. The one thing that I thought was strange:

Why didn't the prosecution for the trial request a continuance when it was all but obvious that the star witness was missing/kidnapped? This wasn't a case of the witness being a no-show because she had cold feet. The federal marshall assigned to protect her was killed, fer crissakes! Surely, any reasonable judge would have found this a most compelling reason to delay the trial.

I know, I know. This is just a TV show. (Spare me the stale speech about this not being a real-life story, please.) But it seems to me that adding this kind of time element to the witness' rescue wasn't necessary to make the story dramatic. With two professional assassins hot on her trail in the mountains, it's obvious that Steve and Chin were already on an urgent race against time in locating the witness and getting her to safety.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I've been meaning to ask this. Why do they make the screen so blue and green whenever they try to show the beauty of Hawaii?

Hawaii does not need any fake color for help.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
            I've been meaning to ask this. Why do they make the screen so blue and green whenever they try to show the beauty of Hawaii?

Hawaii does not need any fake color for help.
            It reminds me of the way they do the colors on "CSI:Miami" always strangely
            toned, if you watch that you probably know. I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

i've been told by someone familiar with it that its the type of film used that causes the very saturated colors.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                i've been told by someone familiar with it that its the type of film used that causes the very saturated colors.
                Ok, so it is on purpose then. So why not let the natural colors shine through? I think Hawaii looks better that way. Like the way we would see it with our own eyes.

Comment

If you want to see how the photography should look, watch Survivor. The first episode of the new season is on tonight. Their photography (and its colors) have always been above first class!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

From the 2/14/11 episode that aired on CBS.

The scene that got me wondering is when McGarret sets off a generade inside a pawn shop to blow open a very heavy and secure door.

Which begs the questions how come McGarret carries a generade in Danny's car all the time? Was that the only one he has? And where he managed to get that in the first place?

Comment

Jeez folks! its PRETEND, its FICTION, its NOT REAL!!!!!! its a TV show. its a product of the writers imagination. Please, stop taking it so literally. Just go with the flow and enjoy the drama. Doesn't anyone know how to pretend anymore?
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        Which begs the questions how come McGarret carries a generade in Danny's car all the time? Was that the only one he has? And where he managed to get that in the first place?
                        The Hawaiian sun and heat should set that off if it was kept in the car. But it was winter.

Comment

Hey, lyrics to the H5O theme,courtesy of Jay Leno.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61KUU2PVMF8:)

Comment

boy, you folks sure take something that is intended purely for entertainment and nit pick it to death! I'll continue watching the show because I'm just a dumb couch potato who only asks to be entertained. If I want something serious - I'll watch cable or PBS.
                            You are totally correct - I don't belong to those fan sites. I just want to enjoy the program! and I am. If I happen to see someone I know or recognize a location, well thats fun too. but I always remember - IT'S JUST ENTERTAINMENT, JUST A TV SHOW, IT'S NOT REAL!!!!
                            Folks - it's not meant to be real! what has happened to people's sense of imagination? I don't understand those who try to make fictional TV be real. It just totally baffles me
                            Jeez folks! its PRETEND, its FICTION, its NOT REAL!!!!!! its a TV show. its a product of the writers imagination. Please, stop taking it so literally. Just go with the flow and enjoy the drama. Doesn't anyone know how to pretend anymore?
                            Somebody, call the Humane Society. A horse is being beaten to death.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The first thing my daughter said last night when I picked her up at the airport was..."Can we go to Liliha Bakery tomorrow?"!!! After that show aired, she googled the bakery and sent them an email asking if they'd ship the coco puffs (they won't, of course!) and during the e-conversation she was told that business has really picked up! Today eldest spawn bought 12 frozen coco puffs and will schlep them on the plane with her and take them into work directly from the flight. I wonder if she'll get a raise!

Comment

Comments from the February 21 episode:

1) Seems to have fleshed more of Danny's character. Besides having a younger brother Matt, their parents are still alive, with the dad being a (or a retired) firefighter. Hints of 2 or more sisters in the family.

2) I don't remember hearing any sort of explosion before the wire holding the judge's daughter came down.

3) Recongized the store where Chin Ho asked about the airplane radio control stuff which is Hobbietat on 10th Ave (they also sell fishing gear, R/C cars, R/C helicopters and model rockets).

Comment

Working...
                                X