New TV Station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Station?

KMGT channel 56 licensed to Waimanalo Media Partners and with a city of license WAIMANALO, HI applied for a license to cover back in October 2003. Since then I have not been able to find any mention of it. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a new station coming on the air, and if so, what their programming might be.
    Thanks!

Re: New TV Station?

Originally posted by cathydev
    KMGT channel 56 licensed to Waimanalo Media Partners and with a city of license WAIMANALO, HI applied for a license to cover back in October 2003. Since then I have not been able to find any mention of it. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a new station coming on the air, and if so, what their programming might be.
    Thanks!

According to the FCC information, KMGT is still "under construction".

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?list=0&facid=89714

I would also think that they'd may have to set up a digital broadcast facility since the government is mandating this by 2006 or so.

Anyone would be surprised to see how many TV stations there are in Hawaii. Many are well known, while others are either low power operations with most still in the application and construction stages.

See the complete FCC record here:

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?state...&mlon2=&slon2=

I hope that long and messy URL works.

mel
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

There is actually two new stations KMGT 56 & I believe the other is KKAI 50. KKAI-50 has Kailua listed as the actual city of license. However both licenses are held, basically by the same person on Waimanu Street. Don't hold your breath, unless he sells either of the licenses, you will not see those full power tv stations on-air, anytime soon.

DXer

Comment

Originally posted by DXer
        There is actually two new stations KMGT 56 & I believe the other is KKAI 50. KKAI-50 has Kailua listed as the actual city of license. However both licenses are held, basically by the same person on Waimanu Street. Don't hold your breath, unless he sells either of the licenses, you will not see those full power tv stations on-air, anytime soon.

DXer
        Thanks! I thought it was strange that they had filed for a license to cover last fall and I couldn't find anything on them. Hawaiian TV signals don't make it to northern NH, however, so I appreciate your eyes and ears.

Comment

Working...
        X