This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News Beauties in Hawaii

You boys crack me up. Are girls allowed in this discussion?

I think Tasha Kobashigawa is national network material, but I've been told she's not the sharpest pencil in the box. But I remember Linda Jaimeson and how she couldn't do a live remote to save her life. Minna Sugimoto, who comes from radio, is a good cop reporter, and seems to work hard, so I respect her for that. I remember working on stories with Jodie Leong, Stacey Loe, Ann Botticelli, Robbie Dingeman, Tina Shelton, and enjoying the camradarie of journalism on a story. Sweet to each other, caught up on life while waiting for sources to spill out of the federal court house, but each knew that they would work like crazy to get the best story out of the situation.
    Beth Hillyer is spooky.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Cindy Palaracio, Tasha Kobashigawa, Diana Ako are on my beauties list. I also thought that Malia Mattoch was kinda cute... she had a cute laugh and smile.

Comment

u guys saw da new reporter on KHON2 named Gina Mangieri??

she kinda stiff yet in her reporting. she gotta get accustomed to da Hawaiian style. i tink she might get better. she gotta relax moa.

she look italian or something...
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
          u guys saw da new reporter on KHON2 named Gina Mangieri??

she kinda stiff yet in her reporting. she gotta get accustomed to da Hawaiian style. i tink she might get better. she gotta relax moa.

she look italian or something...
          Oh Gina! She used to be editor of PBN. Then she started the heavy duty Cole Academy at the former Honolulu Publishing building on Merchant & Bethel streets. I hear it's pretty dear to put your kid in there. Then she got picked up to redesign the Websites for KHON (and KGMB?) (had no idea she had Web experience), then they started to put her on air. She's very eager on the air, I also think every time she does a story she's actually thinking of how it can win an SPJ award.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
            Oh Gina!

http://tinyurl.com/a5nk8

http://tinyurl.com/996es

kind of a Marlee Matlin look goin on there.

Comment

No way, I think Denby Fawcett is the Ultimate babe! WOO HOO!

Aw-rie...

Comment

i can sure tell you who is not a beauty: shawn ching. what an ogre! not to mention his hair is thinning and he has bad skin.

Comment

even though chicks dig him, i have heard bad things about the guy, like he is a diva and a liar. as for looks, it is nice to see a local guy on television, but he is past his prime. i feel sorry for da braddah, his hairline is halfway past the back of his head! he sweats alot too.

Comment

Originally posted by newsgroupie
                    even though chicks dig him, i have heard bad things about the guy, like he is a diva

the man... is an Italian goddess.?!

No. wait. Yer sayin he is a female opera singer?!

yea. ok. That would be a bad thing.
                    Last edited by kimo55; August 9, 2005, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiichick
                      i can sure tell you who is not a beauty: shawn ching.

that's my front doorbell chime sound!

Comment

Okay I'm losing my mind on this wahine...Married to Kirk Mathews...she was Hawaii's first female reporter working for KGMB under Bob Sevey. What was her name!!!

In her days back in the early 70's she was a real fox back then.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Linda Coble

she was fairly adorable in Andy Bumatay's "school daze" video in dat segment when she wen interview da granny who alla time wen wail:
                          "Da kahooona goin' protect us!"
                          Last edited by kimo55; August 9, 2005, 11:29 PM.

Comment

ha! ha! this has definitely been a fun thread to read. just goes to show how much of it is subjective.

* denby? you're kidding, right? hmmm. maybe not! i give her a lot of credit, though, for her work during vietnam:

http://starbulletin.com/2002/11/11/features/story1.html

* shawn. wuz under the impression most of the gals still get excited about him. didn't notice the skin problem. didn't know he had a bad rep.

* ann b. not my cup of tea (cleft chins rub me the wrong way) but strikes me as smart and professional.

* best joke in this thread: that's nothing! I saw the same thing and my knees went month!
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Since this is pretty much a "Shallow Hal" question (lol), in that context my favorite eye candy reporter of recent times goes to Kuualoha Taylor.

I know she left the islands for bigger and better gigs on the big rock. She did a great job hosting "Hawaiian Holidays" on The Food Network last December. She looked HOT as ever!
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

this has been a funny thread. i think the best news beauties are stephanie lum and tasha kobashigawa. denby fawcett is a grandma and jill kuramoto reminds me of a monkey. as for men, it's slim pickings. definitely not shawn ching, my friend knows him and i hear he's arrogant and really fake. who knows, it's all a mystery... never know what's behind the tv screen... any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X