Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the other news stations have two anchors, instead of one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the other news stations have two anchors, instead of one?

Don't they have to pay two anchors more than Joe Moore? (or does Joe make the same as two anchors?)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Why does the other news stations have two anchors, instead of one?

Originally posted by adri1456
    Don't they have to pay two anchors more than Joe Moore? (or does Joe make the same as two anchors?)
    There isn't enough time in the KHON newscast for 2 anchors. Joe reads so slooow!

Comment

Funny, I always thought it was because nobody's manufactured a lens wide enough to include a second anchor and Moore's ego in the same frame.
      Oy? Visit these sites why don't you?
      Talk Stink, Hawaii Media News, Rumors, Gossip & LOST.
      WIEblog, Where the whole world watches Wie.
      Hawaii Club Scene, Photos of Hawaii Men and Women out on the Town

Comment

Originally posted by talkstinkDotCom
        Funny, I always thought it was because nobody's manufactured a lens wide enough to include a second anchor and Moore's ego in the same frame.
        First, Joe makes as much as about 5 or 6 anchors. Second, he doesn't want to share the 'face time'...another reason why Ch 2 doesn't have a weather anchor. Joe is very concerned about who sits next to him. Thats why Howard D. got the cold shoulder then the boot... too young and good looking... made Joe look old and fat.

Comment

I had forgotten that Howard D. used to work with Joe Moore. The TV stations play musical chairs so often I can't keep up. And the new people they hire don't always adjust well, sorry but I can't stand that Jason guy that does weather on the weekends on channel 4...I think he stumbles on words too much and it detracks from the weather report. Liz Chun has really improved.
          Retired Senior Member

Comment

Bingo! Since I don't think Joe could work with another co-anchor without feeling a bit slighted since he's sufficeth by himself and doing a great job at that.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by oldshooter
              First, Joe makes as much as about 5 or 6 anchors. Second, he doesn't want to share the 'face time'...another reason why Ch 2 doesn't have a weather anchor. Joe is very concerned about who sits next to him. Thats why Howard D. got the cold shoulder then the boot... too young and good looking... made Joe look old and fat.
              That's great. Thanks for cheering me up!
              Oy? Visit these sites why don't you?
              Talk Stink, Hawaii Media News, Rumors, Gossip & LOST.
              WIEblog, Where the whole world watches Wie.
              Hawaii Club Scene, Photos of Hawaii Men and Women out on the Town

Comment

Working...
              X